+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Every family's way of dealing with death is unique. When my dad died, I first went to See's Candies to get my mom a two pounder. Then we gathered as a family after the funeral. In between those events I went to work. As an educator, being around children was such an energy boost and I know that's what my depression-era dad would have wanted: go to work. Kathy's dad was from the same generation and I can't help but think he'd want her to continue to work and honor her commitments.

God bless Kathy in her family's time of need.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I have been a Kathy Griffin fan for a long long time and have really enjoyed her show.....I totally feel for her in the loss of her father as I have lost mine as well and completely understand where she is....but at the same time, her comedy routine used to be celebrity trashing which was a riot but now it is just the "f" word used constantly and that has totally turned me off......a lot of people I know don't watch anymore because of that.....she didn't use to be that way.......

FORT Newbie

I read these posts on Kathy Griffin's show, "MY LIFE ON THE D-LIST" with interest because I have watched it and wondered what others were thinking. As far as her comic routine, it is hilarious, but I think she'd get just as much out of it without using so many obscenities. It might even go farther because she's saying that these "celebs" are vulgar and tasteless, yet what she is doing isn't much better, I am sorry to say. I was sorry that her father passed away; having lost my mom a few years ago, I can say that there's nothing as hard as losing a parent. I'm sure that her mom understood that she had contractual obligations to fulfill, and her dad seemed really proud of Kathy for her hard work ethic, so I am sure he would have understood her going back to work so quickly.
    Last edited by realitytvcritic; 08-01-2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: extra characters not needed

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by realitytvcritic;2499399;
    I'm sure that her mom understood that she had contractual obligations to fulfill, and her dad seemed really proud of Kathy for her hard work ethic, so I am sure he would have understood her going back to work so quickly.
    I totally agree, when my father passed away I continued with work because that actually helped me deal with it. If I sat at home and did nothing I would have been a royal mess. So I totally understood why Kathy went straight back to work. I am glad she got to spread her dad's ashes in Ireland, that was a really sad episode and very meaningful.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I love the show and I love her. I get why she worked after her father passed. My mom died when I was sixteen and I went right back to school. I needed something normal in my life. I could not sit home and cry all the time. It just hurt too much. Work was like valium, it numbed me and kept me from thinking about how bad I hurt.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

CONGRATS to kathy for winning the Emmy for best reality show (non-competition). Truly deserved for the best season yet!

What do you think of her speech? I haven't seen the clip but they talked a little about it on The View today.

Kathy Griffin's "Vulgar" Emmy Speech Gets D-leted - Today's News: My Take | TVGuide.com

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has said "no thanks" to Kathy Griffin's Jesus-mocking Emmy thank-you speech My Life on the D-List won best reality program at Saturday's Creative Arts ceremony and will excise it when the event is aired this weekend on E! In a spiel deemed "offensive" by ATAS and smote by the Catholic League for being "vulgar, in-your-face brand of hate speech," Griffin said that while "a lot of people... thank Jesus for this award... I want you to know that no one had less to do with this [win] than Jesus." She then went on to "diss" Him and proclaim, "This award is my god now."

FORT Fogey

I actually thought it went far and i am a fan of Kathy

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

She likes to make a scene so she'll have new material for her stand-up. She did that at the creative emmys last year too. The comment is 100% in line with her usual performances, so I don't know why anyone would be surprised unless they've never seen her stand-up--which one would think the TV Academy people had, as they've just given her an award for a reality tv show that involves her comedic performances.

im sure it wasnt meant to be offensive, those who watch the show and seen it know its just her sense of humor... i do believe she crossed the line because religion is a sensitive subject, but its just Kathy, and i dont think she meant to wrong anyone with her comment.

+ Reply to Thread