+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Okay, Joy Behar seemed a little nervous being filmed in the dressing room with Kathy, like there might be some sort of recrimination if Barbara found out she was supportive to her.

Kathy's husband Matt is just so adorable. There really is love and friendship there. The diet seems to be working. That heinous woman in Long Island had better buy a DVD (why was purchasing the DVD on the internet so strange to her?).

I felt so bad for Kathy after the Jay Leno Show. I remember seeing her on it, and he was kinda harsh. As tough as her outward appearance is, she is still a person with feelings.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I love her relationship with Matt. The two of them genuinely seem to be in love and supportive of each other.

Well, I'm NOT gay - but I still love Kathy and this show. I usually give every new reality show a chance (at least for one episode), but I'm already hooked on this one. What a great series. As someone who has always been a fan of "inside" looks at hollywood - it is interesting to see what some of these folks go through to keep their name in the press - and to keep earning a living. I wonder how much stuff can't be shown on TV because it would piss off too many people.

In all honesty, I just tolerated Kathy Griffin before this show....now it's turned into totally adoring her This really has turned into a big 'ol "must see" show for me each week. She's just so....normal....I guess you'd call it, it really feels like I'm watching an old friend on tv sometimes.

It's weird how you just seem to know when a 'reality TV show' is actually real. You can watch 'The Simple Life' or 'Minding the Store' for 5 minutes and something tells you this isn't right. This show feels so refreshing and honest. I liked Kathy Griffin a little before the show, but now I think she's great. She's outing all those celebrities who have one face in front of the camera and another one behind it.

I absolutely love this show as well. Kathy and her husband have such a great relationship - I love his dry sense of humor - it really compliments kathy's. The best part of last night's episode was when he got to sign an autograph after her show in NJ. It was so sweet.

I am gay and would love to be one of Kathy's 'gays' sometime! I wonder if there is an application I can fill out with her assistant?

Her sense of humor is so fun and refreshing - she tells things as they are and without editing, and she really enjoys what she does which makes it all that more fun to watch. When she makes fun of someone I dont think it is mean in the least, it is more a sign of respect.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Fantastic show! I'm not sure there is anyone else like her.

She and Tyra should start a "WOW - What a Forehead Club"! I'd probably have to join, but I'd be in great company!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar
    I'm going to chime in on the Kathy Griffin love fest. I've always liked her and her comedy. Now after watching her show and how hard she has to work, I have more respect for her as a woman and comedienne.

When she talked about her Jay Leno apperance I was with her.

On a side note: I can't believe John McEnroe has a talk show?!
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    for a person who makes her living dishing on people she sure took it personal when jay had a little fun with her, at least he did it to her face, not out on a stage womewhere else.

As for Kathy, I can take her or leave her.

Quote Originally Posted by IMAPrincess
    When she talked about her Jay Leno apperance I was with her.

On a side note: I can't believe John McEnroe has a talk show?!
    McEnroe had a talk show on, I think, CNBC or MSNBC. It got canceled some time ago. I thought it was quite good, but he just didn't get the ratings.

I was feeling sad for Kathy too after that Leno debacle. This episode further cemeted my belief that Leno is a jerk. I've never liked the way he gets too "dirty old man"-ish with the young, female guests (hell, he's all over Oprah when she comes on the show too!). It just comes off as sleazy and pervish. In contrast (to me anyway), Letterman seems more of the older uncle type, telling the ladies that they look lovely or that he likes their dress. If Leno says that he likes the dress, it's usually because the neckline is giving him a generous shot of cleavage.

Does anyone know why Kathy is "banned" from Letterman? I figured that maybe Ellen thinks she is too mean (like she said Regis and Kelly did), but I wonder why Dave won't have her on No big loss to be banned from The View, imho. Star Jones is a witch and completely unprofessional. If they ever get rid of her, I may actually watch that show again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread