+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

FORT Newbie
    They showed some clips of her act - then she came out and did a really good monologue and then an hour of improve...apparently the three of them started in improv together 10 years ago

Her best bit was when she was talking about going to the bazaar and trying to speak Arabic

naive questions

yeah, she's very funny but if i may ask a naive question: does she inform the people who she's gonna make fun of before doing those jokes or is she just saying what she feels no matter who may be offended? i can't tell if this is all designed to look like she's a rebel or she really is.

the clay aken jokes are really funny; and the beyonce response to being interviewed by kathy!

Pretty sure she just wings it. Pretty sure the celebs find out about being in her act, after the fact. Hence, Renee Zellweger's roses to try and get Kathy to stop joking about her. Least, I've never heard anything the other way.

How did Beyonce respond to being interviewed by Kathy?

ILikeIke: Thanks, sounds like some new stuff... what happened when she went to the bazaar?

to brandy

hi brandy. i don't know which program it was but kathy was telling the audience about a time when she was interviewing people at some awards show and she said she saw beyonce in the distance and this is what she looked like: you now have to imagine kathy acting as beyonce... seeing kathy in the distance, turning to her manager, arguing with her manager, and then very reluctantly walking towards kathy. the assumption of course is that beyonce doesn't want to be interviewed by kathy and only grudgingly agrees to do so. it was very funny!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by global knife View Post
    hi brandy. i don't know which program it was but kathy was telling the audience about a time when she was interviewing people at some awards show and she said she saw beyonce in the distance and this is what she looked like: you now have to imagine kathy acting as beyonce... seeing kathy in the distance, turning to her manager, arguing with her manager, and then very reluctantly walking towards kathy. the assumption of course is that beyonce doesn't want to be interviewed by kathy and only grudgingly agrees to do so. it was very funny!

I'm pretty sure that's the story she told about Gwyneth Paltrow when she was doing the VH-1 Fashion Awards. It's from her "Allegedly" stand up show. She did talk about Beyoncé, but it was a different story.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

opps!

sorry! so what was the beyonce joke?

Well it's an entertaining story either way! I can envision either one of them doing it

This is from the Chicago Tribune:

A second season of “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List” kicks off June 6. From the press release: “This season Kathy auctions herself on eBay, endures hellish moments with her personal trainer and nutritionist, hires a dog trainer in an attempt to get Chance and Pom-Pom under control, attends a gay prom, baby sits for her niece and nephew, takes her parents away for a luxury weekend, goes ice skating with Olympian Johnny Weir, and tours the Red States. But in the end, Kathy just wants the same things any hard working Hollywood celeb crawling to the top wants: The love of throngs of devoted screaming fans.”

On the second season of her show, Griffin, who has a standup special on Bravo May 9, also travels to Iraq to entertain the troops and deals with a marital crisis with her steady, likable husband Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq View Post
    On the second season of her show, Griffin, who has a standup special on Bravo May 9, also travels to Iraq to entertain the troops and deals with a marital crisis with her steady, likable husband Matt.
    I am so looking forward to this new stand-up special. I have only seen the commercial for it once... and I set the VCR! She never fails to crack me up.

I haven't seen the commercial, but I'm looking forward to it too. We've saved some of her stand-up specials on our TiVo since last summer. I love the one where she goes on the rant about Clay Aiken (I think it's Kathy Griffin Is...Not Nicole Kidman). It never fails to crack me up...no matter how many times I've seen it.

+ Reply to Thread