+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Qboots is stuck/lost in the 70's.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Qboots is stuck/lost in the 70's.
    You know me too well.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    VCR alert: Kathy is scheduled to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow night. (Thurs. Feb. 9)
    Thanks for the heads up!

THANKS, Fnb!!

I just love Kathy. I am SO hoping that we get to see her watching PR episodes, especially with 'her gays' (I post in that forum a LOT, love this season, well, until tonight! sigh) I'd love to hear her snark on everything! She's so quotable. So are her 'gays'. I even want to go to Chevy's to sample the food there... but doggone if I know where it is, and I live in L.A.! LOL. Must be their special hole in the wall. (er... nevermind)

I hope all the surprises in store will be GOOD ones!! And not all to do with Matt naturally I realise - her marriage is only a part of her entire life. I do hope we see more of Matt though and his world outside Kathy's. He is an interesting person too.

I hope she adopts or something like that. That would be cool, she hinted at it jokingly last season. Although I doubt it given the status of their marriage. Still it would be cool. Surprises, huh? Hmmmmm.

OH if you know Kathy please pass this idea along!! I'd love her to have a series sort of like oh gosh now I can't recall any titles... but series where the hosts watch and comment on shows during it. Not like MST3K but more like that one where they show movies and the theme song goes "beans and corn bread" or something? (They comment at every commercial break) I'd loooove to 'watch' shows "along with" Kathy & co. (Like to hear their commentary on PR would be hilarious). She'd also KILL on "The Soup" or something like it. (I do realise it will be a long time before E! gets its collective head out of its kookoo for cocoapuffs).

Love to see her host a show like that, as well as her continuing starring in "The D List" (juxtaposing as only she could!).
    Last edited by Brandy; 02-09-2006 at 04:11 AM.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I'd love her to have a series sort of like oh gosh now I can't recall any titles... but series where the hosts watch and comment on shows during it. Not like MST3K but more like that one where they show movies and the theme song goes "beans and corn bread" or something?
    TBS's Dinner and a Movie?

I think Kathy would definitely fit in with any type of show that allows her to speak her mind, comment on things, generally snark. She has a sharp wit but at the same time I think she's "good people."

TBS's Dinner and a Movie?
    Yes, that's it; thank you!

I think some people just don't know how to take Kathy's kidding, that's all. And the irony is that as her general audience grows, her material may become more scarce; as she becomes less "D list", other celebs will expect her to stop making fun of them, and will be less understanding when she does. Ironic isn't it?

Joan Rivers did the same thing... as she became more established she made fun of celebs less often. Once upon a time she ridiculed the Royal Family (especially Princess Anne - neigh, whinny!); now she's invited to royal weddings (ok, a blessing ceremony)!

So does this mean Kathy's future is as a society matron?

So, did anyone see Kathy's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live? She announced that she has an Ebay auction for charity. The prize is to spend a weekend in Kathy's home! Wow, that's going far for a cause!

She said the winner and she might go see Brokeback Mountain (she joked the auction winner would most likely be a gay man), and that Kathy's parents would also spend the weekend; that Kathy's parents would be 'getting toasted' in one guest room and the auction winner would be 'going through my personal belongings' in the other.

She said her reality tv crew was backstage and the footage might make season 2 of her show. "But don't call me crying at 3 AM if it doesn't" she said to Kimmel.

Kathy also mentioned having watched "Puppy Bowl and Kitten Half time". Yayyy Kathy's an animal lover! (I'm tempted to bid on the auction just to be able to meet her two dogs!) Rather than following this very cute and possibly joke-laden line of questioning, Kimmel "joked" that after the show, the puppies all died. When Kathy said "Noo" he said "so did the kittens". (That's not true!)

Kathy seemed very relaxed; almost toooo relaxed. But maybe it's just the new her. She usually talks very fast, almost manic; she seemed very kick back on this show. That's a good thing though really... I loved her hairdo (sort of a softer Farrah do?) and her blazer was cute, too. Kind of a criss cross pattern on the bottom, black over eggshell white.

Well, just in case anyone missed it. I knew cos I am on her mailing list and got the announcement - oh and I'm sure what else happened with that (announcement) will make her show next summer, cos it was just too funny

FORT Newbie
    Kathy Griffin came here to Iraq to perform for the troops last night (along with Michael McDonald of MadTV and Karri Something from JAG) - I have to say she was pretty raunchy and funny and the soldiers loved her. They taped the show for a June epsiode of Life on the D-List. They all spent a lot of time with the soldiers and pulled several of them on the stage for improv. She is also incredibly tiny - no more then 5'1" and about 110 pounds if that.

Aww, that's so cool, ILikeIke! Thanks for telling us!

What did she talk about in her act? They will probably only show a couple minutes of it on D List, so it's not spoiling anything, promise!

I hope stars keep coming to entertain you guys.

I knew she'd be tiny and petite... I don't know what she's talking about on her show when she claims she's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I knew she'd be tiny and petite... I don't know what she's talking about on her show when she claims she's fat.
    Yes, I'd never describe her as fat. She was born with a generous booty and hips, but so what? I saw her on a talk show recently and she appeared slimmer to me. Maybe she had a booty reduction.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread