+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    I did see Isacc on the Red Carpet and I thought he crossed the line too many times.
    Groping someone's breasts - anyone's breasts - is extremely disrespectful. Asking someone if they are "Brazillian or Playboy down there." is absolutely ridiculous. Then he asked Queen Latifah about her underwear, and she told him she was not comfortable discussing her underwear on television. Even Ryan Seacrest seemed to be caught off guard. When the camera cut back to him, he asked if they could get a list of Isaac's questions submitted prior to showtime as he shook his head.
    Kathy made some catty remarks, but I don't think they were as bad as what Isaac subjected us to. Shame on you Mr. :nono
    !

I'm glad I didn't see it or I would have been so mad. The whole industry is sexist in letting them get away with stuff like that but crucifying her for much more mild "offenses" in comparison.

I did see their Fashion Police show with the bland and forgettable host and the two Jays from Top Model who could barely string a sentence together. NOT ready for that gig, and NOT funny at all, and why do they get away with being so unprofessional and yet Kathy is out for some reason?
    The only reason I enjoyed those shows was for the comedy, which is now gone, since most of the outfits are pretty same-old same-old. That show gets thumbs down on the Tivo now!

I had to resort to finding Joan and Melissa's show on the TV Guide channel and seeing the same stuff all over again just to hear some jokes. Hubby was saying how Joan really outshines her daughter, whom we thought looked like she was wearing shiny upholstery -- and hubby added "Why is she wearing her mother's po-teers?" (reference to Gone with the Wind dress made out of curtains) and "She is dressed as a living room!" Joan, on the other hand, outshiines some of the celebrities. She is always flawless. I would be fighting to get an appointment with her hairdresser!

Come visit my thread in the non-reality TV section to talk more about those two shows and the outfits!
    Last edited by Harvest; 01-23-2006 at 07:18 PM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    What in the hell was he thinking by asking about the pubic hair anyway?? I didn't get it.. was he trying to be funny? Serious? Or jerky? Honestly, after seeing him ask everyone...I was (still am) seriously perplexed. I just don't get it.

I wish someone would ask him in an interview.. "So why were you asking about underwear, pubic hair and fondling boobs?"

eta: Oh, and I don't usually tune in and watch the show...Kathy was the ONLY reason why I would watch. She made a boring show more entertaining. (Boring for me, not everyone)
    Last edited by Maveno; 01-23-2006 at 07:38 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I always liked Isaac - who knew he was hiding a pervy old man side to him all this time???

His being gay doesn't matter in the equation. Asking women about underwear and nay nays and squeezing their er, bustline is NOT right. Anyone else would've been arrested for it.

I bet E! has Kathy Griffin's agent on speed dial after THAT fiasco! (and I only saw it on recap shows!) SHAME on you, Isaac Mizrahi. And I mean... he's a fashion designer, why not ask about fashion? Is he trying to be Howard Stern??

Apparently, Isaac's been invited back to do the Oscar's red carpet for E! I miss Kathy, but I sure don't miss that diva Star!

Quote Originally Posted by pleightx View Post
    Apparently, Isaac's been invited back to do the Oscar's red carpet for E! I miss Kathy, but I sure don't miss that diva Star!
    That's a real slap in the face to Kathy that he could be so very offensive and get invited back! Were all the celebs too used to being abused by males in their sexist industry to think of complaining about his rude comments?

Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    Spielberg Tries to Force Griffin to Apologize
    Well now it makes more sense. Maybe they are all afraid of the wrath of Spielberg and being blacklisted by the powers-that-be. Hubby says we should support Kathy by boycotting all Spielberg films!
    Last edited by Harvest; 01-24-2006 at 12:35 PM.

I hope she addresses this issue on her next season, if it hasn't already finished filming. You can bet she'll incorporate this into her comedy routines though.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    That's a real slap in the face to Kathy that he could be so very offensive and get invited back! Were all the celebs too used to being abused by males in their sexist industry to think of complaining about his rude comments?
    Wouldn't you like to see how they'd treat a female who grabbed guys' crotches to see/and ask if they were wearing boxers or briefs???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    OH, and if they shave "down there" or not.

E! should be ashamed by asking him back. Seriously. Kathy and the Dakota Fanning joke was FUNNY.. what Isaac did was simply tasteless, rude, uncalled for, unfunny, sexual harrassment, stupid, uncomfortable (stars & viewers), meaningless and in poor taste.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

ITA - it wasn't funny in the least. (It didn't even seem like he was going for humor, in fact; so he doesn't even have THAT excuse paltry as it would be). (His comment to Charlize, while not sexual, still was rude: "You usually play women with no teeth". Huh?! Way to minimalise her accomplishments which include an Oscar.) How was his comment to Charlize better than Kathy's to others?

The women were clearly ALL uncomfortable with it - but also likely shocked, too shocked to know what to do about it at the time. They tried to play it off like a joke but likely later expressed upset about it when among friends.

Just what type of a message does it send that E! endorses this treatment of women??

At least Kathy didn't grab Jake Gyllenhaal's nether area and ask if he shaved or wore underwear! GRoooossss!

Ohhh I had taped both red carpet shows and finally watched them... (TV Guide Channel and E!)... and "wow".

Let's be honest... no man.. gay or not... has any busy openly grabbing a hand full of boob of any 20 year old girl on national TV.

Where in the world are these TV watchdogs that are in a twist about every flipping thing?

The look on Scarlett's face said it all... she was stunned. Then Isaac went back for more boob grabbing on her after the first grab. Then the constant off-color remarks to the women in general. If I was Kathy... I would be sitting at home on the couch laughing my ass-off... at the whole thing.

Then to read the whole thing about Spielberg demanding an very public apology from Kathy. LMAO! Good Luck! I hope she told him to kiss her a**. (Spielberg did the same thing to the South Park guys when they did a show about Spielberg and George Lucas....he lacks a sense of humor in general.)

I already heard she has added the whole Spielberg issue to her act... I am sure she will be getting a letter from his lawyer. haha! But she is filming that new standup special along with her reality show for Bravo... so I guess Bravo/NBC is not going to turn their backs on her. Too bad NBC doesn't put her on the redcarpet...

+ Reply to Thread