+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

I was thinking that too, and didn't even know he'd been hired. Without Kathy the E! pre-shows are just BORING.

If they hired Seacrest - well, they've had run ins before and she mocks him in her act. He may have pulled a Star Jones and insisted Kathy not be hired or be kept far away from him, etc.

E! when will you learn?! We want KATHY.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ryan Seacrest? What a boring, no fizzle "yes man".

They would do better by sticking a lone microphone out there with a sign saying, "tell us something about yourself".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fanatic
    I thought this was pretty hysterical. More reasons to love Kathy Griffin

this is from the imdb.

Spielberg Tries to Force Griffin to Apologize

Filmmaker Steven Spielberg has infuriated U.S. comedienne Kathy Griffin by pressuring her to apologize after she joked his 10-year-old acting protegee Dakota Fanning had been admitted to rehab. Griffin made the joke at last year's Golden Globe Awards, leaving Spielberg fuming. But the 44-year-old insists the maverick director should have been more focused on his War of the Worlds lead Tom Cruise's outrageous declarations of love for Katie Holmes, than her harmless humor. She says, "I think Steven Spielberg has a lot of nerve. I don't care how big you are, you will not trample on my, or anyone else's, First Amendment rights. That makes me furious. "I get a call from the lawyers, and they're, like, 'DreamWorks is furious about the whole Dakota Fanning thing, and they're livid, and Spielberg is personally furious, and DreamWorks is putting you on a list, and they demand an apology.' "As if War of the Worlds didn't have bigger fish to fry. With Tom Cruise losing his (mind) on The Oprah Winfrey Show and the Today show and everything else, they're all worried about my Fanning joke, right?" A spokesman for Spielberg tells PageSix.com, "I think it was made very obvious that people were very upset and they were looking for some sort of an apology. It was a very upsetting thing for a young child and her family. "Obviously, to Kathy Griffin it was a joke, but why make a joke out of (Fanning)? She's a terrific young lady who was there with her family, and it was very upsetting."

Oh, sheesh. I didn't know Sir Spielberg had become so humorless.

It's like saying "Shirley Temple was just arrested for driving drunk" back when she was five years old. An obvious joke!

FORT Fanatic
    it seems like misguided anger. I think he really is mad at tom cruise.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I have to admit that I was a little thrown off when Kathy made that Dakota Fanning remark. The way things go these days, who knew if it was true or not. I'm not mad at Kathy for it, but it didn't seem right. I think you should pick on people who can go after you in kind, if they want (or allowed to by their parents, which I am sure she would not be allowed.)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have to admit that I was a little thrown off when Kathy made that Dakota Fanning remark. The way things go these days, who knew if it was true or not. I'm not mad at Kathy for it, but it didn't seem right. I think you should pick on people who can go after you in kind, if they want (or allowed to by their parents, which I am sure she would not be allowed.)

yes, but Dakota is somewhat of an easy target. I am sure she is a sweet little girl, but is highly precious, Howard Stern cracks on her a lot too. They have a constant debate if she is going to be "hot" or not.

For some reason, I think Dakota will be a child actor who will do fine, and not turn out like some of the others.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    j,

Please do not quote Howard Stern to me........My feelings are that he is pond scum. . I have a female friend that watches him, and I can't believe, with his disrespect for women, that she does that. But she doesn't respect women much, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

I didn't see the show but it seems Kathy is pretty tame compared to the way Isaac acted. What a shame that E! has a double standard and it's okay for a gay male to act inappropriate but Kathy's jokes are not acceptable for some reason.

I did see Isacc on the Red Carpet and I thought he crossed the line too many times.
    Groping someone's breasts - anyone's breasts - is extremely disrespectful. Asking someone if they are "Brazillian or Playboy down there." is absolutely ridiculous. Then he asked Queen Latifah about her underwear, and she told him she was not comfortable discussing her underwear on television. Even Ryan Seacrest seemed to be caught off guard. When the camera cut back to him, he asked if they could get a list of Isaac's questions submitted prior to showtime as he shook his head.
    Kathy made some catty remarks, but I don't think they were as bad as what Isaac subjected us to. Shame on you Mr. :nono

+ Reply to Thread