+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    "in her new ad for bravo ...."I saw tommy Lee at the awards cerimony and I swear i caught crabs, just from looking at him" this from the the lady who cried over the "insult" of you look like the before in a before and after ad. can't take her own joking so it seems

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    "in her new ad for bravo ...."I saw tommy Lee at the awards cerimony and I swear i caught crabs, just from looking at him" this from the the lady who cried over the "insult" of you look like the before in a before and after ad. can't take her own joking so it seems
    Has Bravo started shooting for the new season or something?

No, I saw that ad. They are just re-running an old comedy special.

This whole divorce thing makes me dislike Kathy quite a bit, I thought she might be different from all the other hollywood people she makes fun of but in the end shes no better. Obviously her whole happy marriage thing was just an act.

That is brutal statement to make...to dislike someone cause their marriage hits the skids. People are human and sometimes things are not meant to be.

But... since media is not know for truly keeping up with the positive... I will...

there are two articles here... be sure to look all the way down the page to see them both...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/kathy_griffin/

We had been hearing rumblings that despite filing for divorce, Kathy Griffin and her adorable husband / best friend / soul mate Matt were still f***ing! Well, now the funny lady and her funny man are coming out and (sorta) making it official.

Kathy and Matt are back together!!!!! And we're really excited about that. Nick & Jessica, we shed a tear. Kimberlan, we did this silly Rod Stewart drunken dance. But when Kathy and Matt announced their divorce, we were genuinely shocked, saddened and grieving.

Well, the holidays are about being with the people you love and care about, and that's just what Kathy did on Sunday when she appeared alongside Matt at the Hollywood Christmas Parade, and she was introduced by the KTLA announcers as "Kathy Griffin and her husband Matt."

New this Tuesday... Dec. 6, 2005 On Bravo!

Kathy Griffin: "Allegedly"

I have it listed on my guide at 6pm and again at 7pm.

I am assuming it's an hour long show... but it's the performance where she called Rene Z. "sweaty puffy coke whore"... I am so looking forward to seeing this finally! Granted I am not looking forward to the *beeps* to cover lanuage... I hate that.

I wish Bravo would do what Comedy Central does... and show it on a Saturday at Midnight and uncut.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    From PageSix (http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix.htm)

December 21, 2005 -- E! President and CEO Ted Harbert is the grinch who stole Kathy Griffin's Christmas.
    Just a week before the holiday, Harbert informed Griffin's lawyer her services would no longer be needed at E! To make it worse, she found out she'd been axed only because her lawyer called asking "what the deal was" with the upcoming Golden Globes.

The tart-tongued redhead brought a much needed sparkle to the E! awards show coverage ever since Joan Rivers left for greener pastures at the TV Guide channel.

Griffin, whose latest special, "Allegedly," is airing on Bravo, told PAGE SIX: "I asked my reps, 'What's going on? The Golden Globes are in three weeks.' "

When Griffin's people called Harbert, "Apparently Ted told my reps that the E! red carpet is a puzzle and I am a piece of the puzzle, which is a wonderful puzzle piece, but I don't fit this particular puzzle and that when I see the puzzle, I will get it. I am a piece that doesn't understand only because they can't tell me who will take over.

"They kept saying, 'When you see the new puzzle, you will know it is not a personal insult.' I was like, are you kidding? I got canned, bottom line. I can't even be like Star Jones and be like, 'Oh, I have a book tour coming up!' "

Jones briefly worked with Griffin at E! covering the red carpet events, but was criticized for being too much of a suck-up to the stars. When her contract wasn't renewed, Jones claimed it was because she needed to publicize her book, "Shine," out next month.

Griffin also got into trouble on the red carpet when she joked that Dakota Fanning was in rehab prompting Fanning's reps to threaten to sue E!

"You really would have to be an idiot to take that joke seriously," Griffin said. But she was relegated to the "Siberia" of the media bridge over the red carpet while Jones or Giuliana Depandi did the softball fawning celebrity interviews.

"So now I am living in my house, just a happy funny puzzle piece looking for a new puzzle," Griffin laughed.

Our favorite funnywoman is starting to film the second season of her Bravo show, "Life on the D List," in February as well as taping another Bravo special.

Happily, one thing may be worked out. Griffin tells us she and her estranged hubby, Matt Moline, "are working on it. He will be a part of my Bravo show next season."
    E!'s behavior here seems to be typical for them. They have a history of treating talent very poorly (Steve Kmetko for one). Yet another reason why I don't really watch E! anymore.

That aside, I'm really glad that there will be a second season of My Life on the D-list and even more so, that Kathy and Matt are working on their marriage.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Sorry, but I will be rather glad to see less of her. Yes, she is a VERY talented comedienne with first-rate timing, but I find her comedy to be too mean-spirited for my taste. I don't believe you have to hurt other people in order to funny, especially when you are as talented as Kathy Griffin.

I don't care who she thinks is gay, fat, aging, or addicted. She may be right or she may be wrong and is probably a bit both. But her personal attacks make me hurt for those she takes her jabs at, so I can only imagine how they must feel.

The Dakota Fanning incident was just the wrong think to do.

But, that is just my opinion.

I wince too, I admit. After all most of us at home are not even as good looking as the stars, empirically speaking. Ok, I speak only for myself

Then it does seem a bit disingenuous when she cries if someone downgrades her own looks. Dish it out, can't take it.

All that said, I still consider myself a fan, because she's a scrapper. I just hope that was a joke when she made her parents work her party, and made even her husband buy a dvd! E! however made a huge mistake. Granted, her last appearance wasn't stellar, but she was breaking up with her husband at the time. All other times she is the only unpredictable, funny part of the show. OH and the woman they paired Kathy with didn't help. She looked like she wanted to vomit sitting next to Kathy.

L.A. and the acting world, what I saw of it back in the day, reminded me a lot of high school, and it's a fine line if you tick off the A list.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Seacrest? Oh brother. I was almost annoyed when i heard about this on tuesday. Seacrest is so bland.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread