+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Maybe when he lost weight he changed as a person?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    It would be interesting to know who the plaintiff is in this case. Guess we'll have to wait for The Smoking Gun.
    Whoops..........I meant to wonder who the petitioner is.......not the "plaintiff"............
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sad news. I am surprised! But sometimes when a guy suddenly wants to lose a lot of weight... Well, that and it did seem to be all about her most of the time. Maybe he felt ignored? But the truth is we can't really know, I mean sometimes the people divorcing don't even really know. They just know it's over. I hope they will both be OK.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    At least some good news for kathy this week...
    Star was fired and kathy was i guess in some way promoted to take her spot along with some other E! reporters.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Woohooo! Awright KATHY.

I think everyone either loathes Star or is realy bored by her. I'm in the latter category. I liked her when she was a lawyer/commentator on some court tv type show a long while back - and she is OK with side commentary on The View - but really one on one and in an entertainment setting - well she just does not know what to say, seems to say the same thing or random things each time, and just is not funny at all anyway. I didn't see why she held such sway over E! either, that she could get Kathy displaced to the bleacher seats. (figuratively speaking)

I hope they let Kathy be Kathy next time, too. She was just oddly banal last time, and the dim bulb they paired her with, did not seem to get any of Kathy's jokes anyway. Seemed to try to get Kathy NOT to make any jokes. Glad to see they are at least, finally seeing what the audience wants.

There are some funny comments about this show at the tvwp forums, I don't post there cos they're total fascists But the posts are funny to read.

Not many fans of Star there let's put it that way. I think because of how Star's treated Kathy. She's never even been in Kathy's act, has she? So why the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    At least some good news for kathy this week...
    Star was fired and kathy was i guess in some way promoted to take her spot along with some other E! reporters.
    Star was "fired"? Nooooo...

Okay... maybe I am a little happy....

Seriously... were did you hear that Star will not be returning to the E! red carpet show. After watching this last go around at the Emmy's... and I made my observation that Star, lack the ability to do "small talk" unless it is about her... (not mentioning, hauling around the dog in the basket)... I won't even bring up her lack of fashion sense. (that purple pucker dress was the worse... yet... I did not hear anyone put Star on the worst dress list!)

Thank god Star is gone, I love red carpet shows but I can not stand that self centered woman so I had to miss them.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/a...0929jones.html

E! takes Star off of the carpet

azcentral.com
    Sept. 29, 2005 10:17 AM

It's no surprise that Star Jones got on the nerves of viewers by continually promoting her wedding to hubby Al Reynolds as well as pressuring stars on the red carpet to come and join her on The View. So, when Star didn't renew her contract with the cable network, claiming that she needed to spend time promoting her new book, rumors started to fly.

PageSix reports that E! execs found Star's behavior distasteful as well. "This has been in the works for a while. She just didn't do well on the red carpet and E! is letting her blame the book, but they were the ones telling her they wouldn't be picking up her option," said an insider. "Do you think Star would give up good money and a load of freebies from the goody bags and the dresses for a book? No way."

E! disputes the insider's claim. A rep for E! told PageSix, "Star was not fired and no decisions have been made as to the next red carpet team."

The insider added, "If E! were smart, they would put Kathy on the red carpet to interact with the celebs instead of on the bridge just commenting on them. She is comedy gold and even if she upsets people - so what? Joan Rivers always p --- ed people off, but they always came back."
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Thank you for finding that for me to read... I suck at finding articles unless they are in plain site... haha! I am still stunned that her "option" was not picked up. I didn't think we would be rid of her so easily.

Thanks, Amy Lee. I agree with the insider. If tv execs are smart, they read things like these boards, to find out what people really want!

And it ain't Star "Barney" Jones and her allegedly... closeted husband and all their wedding talk long after the wedding was over. Get over it already, Star! "Can I plan your wedding? I'm good at it" Gahhhh...

+ Reply to Thread