+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    "Drinking the Koolaid" is a reference to the blind obedience shown by the the followers of Jim Jones. They would practice suicide by drinking from a communal punchbowl of koolaid. Finally, just when the government was going to step in and do something for the people trapped in his cult, he added the cyanide to the koolaid, hence the "Jonestown Massacre".

I can pretty much say that I haven't drank any koolaid that Kathy's served, but I liked the show, and I like her style of comedy.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Was last weeks episode (the Oscar's) the last one for the season?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Was last weeks episode (the Oscar's) the last one for the season?
    Yep, that was it.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I hope this show gets renewed.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Me too Amy Lee.

I have a feeling it will be. Did you all know Kathy's gonna co host (with Star JR) the Grammys pre show for E! again this Sunday? And also co host the best/worst dressed show Monday night on E! - with Carson Kressley (from Queer Eye).

My TiVo is so ready.

I'm watching a TiVo'd Seinfeld right now? And Kathy is on there, playing a comedienne who turns her career around by snarking on someone more established. Hmmmmmm.......

(I think she was SO SO pretty w/out all the plastic surgery. She is still pretty, but, why did she need to do that? She didn't look a bit old, then, either)

The one thing it crossed my mind before, that she might wanna change, was her nose, and that's the one thing she hasn't changed a bit.

OH and thanks for explaining the Kool Aid thing, Chorita. I figured it was a Guyana reference, but couldn't figure out for the life of me how it related to Kathy, unless she was planning to have a group of people up to her A list mansion and poison them all?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    "Drinking the Koolaid" is a reference to the blind obedience shown by the the followers of Jim Jones. They would practice suicide by drinking from a communal punchbowl of koolaid. Finally, just when the government was going to step in and do something for the people trapped in his cult, he added the cyanide to the koolaid, hence the "Jonestown Massacre".

I can pretty much say that I haven't drank [sic] any koolaid that Kathy's served, but I liked the show, and I like her style of comedy.
    Um, yeah, I know! That is why I can't figure out why anyone would use that reference in relation to what we say about Kathy, since there is no "blind obedience" involved. (Will anyone go back to read what I said on the previous page -- the last post -- so I don't have to repeat it?)
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-15-2005 at 03:13 PM.

I agree with you Harvest. It's a very odd reference to the people who enjoy Kathy. It's a matter of opinion....and my opinion stands. I enjoy Kathy, and don't have a "blind faith" koolaid drink in hand to be able to enjoy her. That's why I responded to the original koolaid statement maker about drinking crack to be a Kasar "lover/supporter".
    It's all tongue in cheek actually. I understand how you're bothered, but don't take umbrage at those posters, take pride in knowing that you're not going into someone else's "I love so-n-so" thread to simply bash the person who is loved, or the people who love'm.

Don't let it get to ya... seriously.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

You're right Maveno. It was tongue-in-cheek. Given that this is a thread about a comedienne, I'd have thought people would have realized that.

And it's not about blind obedience, it's about tunnel vision. Thinking that because Kathy is a very funny woman, she can't possibly have any faults. As I stated before, I enjoy her. She's funny. Her show is good. But I was surprised and disappointed in her reaction to Leno's joke. (And I am not a Leno fan.) I don't see how being a funny person and being a hypocrite are mutually exclusive.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

It did strike me too that she must feel that famous people have no feelings. Yet she obviously has feelings. Maybe she just literally does not think they do, since they 'have it all'. And she had to scrap for what she has. Maybe?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...-divorce_x.htm

Apparently Kathy just filed for divorce from her husband of 4 years - wonder what could have gone wrong - granted it was editing, but they seemed so happy on TV!

+ Reply to Thread