+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

FYI:

The Tonight Show is reairing the "infamous" Kathy Griffin episode tonight. It's the July 21st show featuring Brad Garrett, Kathy & Phil Vassar.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    FYI:

The Tonight Show is reairing the "infamous" Kathy Griffin episode tonight. It's the July 21st show featuring Brad Garrett, Kathy & Phil Vassar.
    I read this post just in time!!! Thanks!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just saw the Oscars episode. Who else thinks Kathy looks better without the orange body spray paint?

We had to laugh when she made her comments about Jay from Project Runway. "Ouch"!

Hubby thinks the reason she was banished to the nosebleed section was that she made a joke at the Grammys about Dakota Fanning being in rehab. Since I did not watch the Grammys (and don't even know if that's how they spell it), I don't know if that's true or not. But I do recall someone getting in trouble for saying that. Was it Kathy? That was pulling punches not to mention it on the episode if it was her -- unless they are under some kind of gag order not to say anything more about the little girl!

Is that what her "main gay" was referring to when he said he didn't think she'd ever crossed the line? Personally I don't care for Dakota Fanning, and I wouldn't have thought Kathy had crossed the line either, but I can see how some people might want to make a big stink over it. I say if the kid didn't mind, however, everyone else should butt out.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    "Her main gays" That'a hilarious!!!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

That tanning spray is will only look normal under those harsh bright lights that Kathy was under at the actual E! show. In normal light... she looked like a Sunkist Orange... haha! But she looked great on the E! show when they were showing the clips. And I loved her take on how famous people pose... especially when she did her Courtney Love pose...

I never watched the "Runway" show... so I had no idea who the weird guy was in the knit hat... till watching this show. But the first thing I thought was "why is that grown man wearing a hat made for a 6 year old girl?"....

No matter what anyone says in a joking manner... someone is going to take issue with it... IE: Dakota Fanning comment. It was a joke. Anyone watching the show knew that. But there is always someone wanting to harp about some idiotic thing... this was one of those moments. I always suspected that Starr Jones was the one who started the whole issue of Kathy having said it.

Yet... no matter how ugly Starr is to Kathy... they will both be hosting the Emmy awards show this month. I wonder how Starr is going to behave... since the "D-List" episode... where it was made clear... Starr has no class.

Quote Originally Posted by macgrl08
    No matter how you spin what she says about others ie, it wasn't to their face, her fingers were crossed when she said it, someone double dog dared her to do it, she got a taste of her own medicine. It sucked, it was hurtful and not that funny. Do mean words hurt any less when you are at home and you get flooded with emails/ phones calls that a comic is out saying you look like a coke head? All because she ALLEGEDLY said she didn't want you to present an award to her? What I don't get is all these exceptions for what she says about others but a No Dissing Kathy Clause is drawn up when her feelings hurt. Karma is a mean sneaky bee-otch and you never know when it will strike, for her it was on Leno's couch.

Finally, with all due respect, I love my FORTers but did I miss my Kathy Kool Aid dose? I feel like I'm the only person here is who is willing to acknowledge her hypocrisy. That being said, I think I'll return to my Big Brother 6 Kaysar Kult.
    P.S. No hard feelings, that was a joke. Save you key strokes to type a response. I get it, Kathy can do no harm LOL, enjoy the rest of the season.
    My cup of Koolaid got spilled before I had a chance to drink it. I don't think joeguy drank his either.

I like Kathy. I like her comedy. I like her show. But I dislike her hypocrisy.

There. I said it.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by macgrl08
    sip sip pass
    I feel exactly the same way about Kaysar, except all the Kaysar lovers are drinking crack.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

That ois why I love FORT. Alot of people here "get" Kathy Griffin and why she is endlessly entertaining.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    My cup of Koolaid got spilled before I had a chance to drink it. I don't think joeguy drank his either. .
    yep, the cup is empty here too

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    That tanning spray is will only look normal under those harsh bright lights that Kathy was under at the actual E! show. In normal light... she looked like a Sunkist Orange... haha! But she looked great on the E! show when they were showing the clips. And I loved her take on how famous people pose... especially when she did her Courtney Love pose...

I never watched the "Runway" show... so I had no idea who the weird guy was in the knit hat... till watching this show. But the first thing I thought was "why is that grown man wearing a hat made for a 6 year old girl?"....

No matter what anyone says in a joking manner... someone is going to take issue with it... IE: Dakota Fanning comment. It was a joke. Anyone watching the show knew that. But there is always someone wanting to harp about some idiotic thing... this was one of those moments. I always suspected that Starr Jones was the one who started the whole issue of Kathy having said it.

Yet... no matter how ugly Starr is to Kathy... they will both be hosting the Emmy awards show this month. I wonder how Starr is going to behave... since the "D-List" episode... where it was made clear... Starr has no class.

That's a good theory about Starr.

In all the time I have been reading and posting on FORT, I have never heard those "drink the koolaid" comments. Maybe it is new slang. In any case, if you all don't like Kathy, why not find some other shows to watch and comment on? My opinions are mine alone and have nothing to do with "drinking kool aid," which I take to mean jumping on some particular bandwagon. Is it so hard to grasp that a number of people could come to their individual conclusions that they "get" Kathy, like her and think she's funny? I'm glad she is getting those award show gigs. I thought Joan Rivers was funny, but I'm glad she passed the torch to her friend Kathy.

+ Reply to Thread