+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next "Bachelor" to be Set in Paris

Next "Bachelor" to be Set in Paris

By Lucy
    Fansofrealitytv.com – Casting aside the traditional nondescript California mansion set, the producers of ABC’s “The Bachelor” are taking their show on the road – to Paris.

The City of Love will provide the backdrop for the show’s eighth edition, featuring an as-yet-unnamed bachelor and 25 bachelorettes.

Announcing the location in a press release, ABC said Paris – with its historic sites, cozy bistros and general romantic air – offers “numerous seductive possibilities.”

Whether even Paris can fuel a love match for the show remains to be seen – of the previous seven Bachelors, only three have found a real romantic partner and only two couples are still together (including Charlie from the last season).

Producers are still searching for the new Bachelor – a “handsome, ambitious, charming, successful guy who is looking to settle down.” What, those aren’t on every street corner?

They’re encouraging anyone who fits that description or knows someone who does to apply. Producers appear to specifically be looking for “an accomplished CEO, doctor, lawyer, entrepreneur or businessman.”

The deadline for applications is August 17, and more information is available at www.thebachelor.tv.

As always, the format of the show will include Chris Harrison as host, rose ceremony evictions, group dates, family meetings, hometown visits and the ultimate question of whether the couple really intends to date or not.
    Last edited by Lucy; 07-12-2005 at 04:13 PM.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I think the lesson of the Charlie season was that a luxurious setting really makes the guy in the suit look better.

This should be cool! I'm surprised, because I thought the series was cancelled. Never say never in reality television!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Oh cool! I wonder if all of the women will be American/Canadian... or are they going to go the "Joe Millionaire" route of having a more worldly cast???
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Oh cool! I wonder if all of the women will be American/Canadian... or are they going to go the "Joe Millionaire" route of having a more worldly cast???
    I almost forgot about the chain-smoking Euro-trash of Joe Millionaire 2. Now there's something to look forward to.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Wasn't that a trainwreck???
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Maybe Fabrice is the new bachelor! LOL

(Insert as many barf emoticons as you want here)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    the ultimate question of whether the couple really intends to date or not.
    I love how they don't even bother mentioning marriage anymore.

Anyway, I don't think changing the location will make much of a difference.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl
    Maybe Fabrice is the new bachelor! LOL

(Insert as many barf emoticons as you want here)
    That is a creepy, creepy thought, but it's ENTIRELY POSSIBLE. I bet you're right!

Is reality tv as big in Europe or Australia as it is in North America?

LG.
    some of the popular US reality shows actually started in Europe.

Big Brother
    American Idol (called Pop Idol when it started in England)
    I think Survivor was even based on a European show, but don't remember what it was called.
    As for dating shows, not sure.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread