+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Criss Angel: Mindfreak A&E

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Criss Angel: Mindfreak A&E

I read this online today:

NBC also announced Monday that it would be getting into some mind games for another series. It has signed a deal with magician Criss Angel and Uri Geller for a competition where they will search for the next great mentalist.
    Link Here
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

All new episode tonight! I can't wait.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2478280;
    All new episode tonight! I can't wait.
    ACK! I missed it.....where was my brain???? Stuck here watching the live feeds of BB and just lost track of time....

Care to provide any details nilesgirl?

I can try. The main demonstration had him in a bull ring with a big red sheet and a real Mexican fighting bull. The goal was to disappear before the bull hit him and he did it. He did some pretty neat side tricks too. Flava Flave and his son joined him at the Luxor and Criss had mentioned that Flave's son wanted a DVD set so Criss pulled out 5 singles, showed them to the crowd, flipped them around a little and they suddenly turned into 5 100 dollar bills. He floated on a stream of water from a sprinkler at some guy's house. And he took on a different persona as "Justin Case" trying to sell a "magic" briefcase. It was pretty cool. My favorite part was when he turned the singles into hundreds and then took Flave's son into the Criss Angel store and Flave was still standing there with this dumbfounded look on his face. It was funny. The main demonstration was just *meh* for me but all in all, another good show.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Link Here

NBC HAS 'IDOL'-STYLED 'PHENOMENON'
    By MICHAEL STARR

July 22, 2007 -- TALK about mind games . . .

NBC is putting a novel spin on "American Idol" with a new series called "Phenomenon," in which self-professed spoonbender Uri Geller and "mystifier/artist" Criss Angel will search for the next great mentalist.

The live talent show is adapted from "The Successor," a hugely successful Israeli TV show hosted by Geller, whose claim to fame is his "ability" to bend metal objects with his mind.

On the show, which doesn't yet have an airdate, Geller and Criss Angel, who currently hosts A&E's "Mindfreak," will judge a talent pool of 10 contestants, who'll perform a series of "mystifying talents" each week.

The contestants will be narrowed down each week, with the winner of "Phenomenon" ultimately being determined by viewers at home (a la "Idol").

Newly minted NBC entertainment chief Ben Silverman knows a thing or two about borrowing successful show formats from other countries.

He previously ran Reveille Productions, which is responsible for adapting "Ugly Betty," "Coupling" and "The Office," among others, for American TV.

"The Successor" is one of the most successful shows in Israeli TV history since premiering last November.

It averaged around 850,000 viewers in prime time - a huge number for that country - and was watched by about 50 percent of Israeli households.

Have I mentioned how in love I am with Criss?

Oooooh. Okay all you who are as much in love with Criss as I am.
    I just found out what tonight's 10pm episode will entail. He is going to be locked naked in a jail cell and has to escape before a group of people arrive. Hmmmm....Criss in nothing but his skivvies. Yeah! I'm not missing that.

Anyone else see Criss Angel stark naked? Of course the important parts were blurred out but we got the general idea. Hee-hee.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Oh yes I did and to sum it up in one word, YUM! I didn't take much interest in the stunt after they pulled off his underwear. I just wanted to gawk.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

LOL Me, too. Cracked me up when they locked his clothes in the next cell and he was like "You're so f***'ing dead." LOL

+ Reply to Thread