+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Criss Angel: Mindfreak A&E

Re: Criss Angel: Mindfreak A&E

It wasn't a failure -- it was simply going to Plan B when Mother Nature interfered and his picks got wet from rain.

It would have only been a failure if he hadn't gotten out at all.
    Love lives forever <3

JR.

It was no failure, it went off exactly as planned.

MyFox Tampa Bay | Spoiler alert: Criss Angel's 'escape' revealed

Am I the only one that watched it, that thought it was way to predictible? I watched with my 14 year old son & kept up a running commentary the whole time, including "and now the last lock won't open and the helicopter is going to leave". That comment was made before he even made it to the last floor.

The host was very calm after the implosion, considering the fact he may have just witnessed someone die. And of course the camera crew that ran to the building, just happened to choose the right spot where Chris would miraculously emerge.

It looked as if he was laying it that ditch, waiting for the crew to get there. And yes, he was dusty but where was the blood. I find it kind of hard to believe a human body could survive that type of implosion and fall and come out of it without a scratch.

I personally would have been more impressed if he had actually made it to the helicopter. I just found this to be to fake.

I am now going to duck and cover!

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;3153241;
    It was no failure, it went off exactly as planned.

MyFox Tampa Bay | Spoiler alert: Criss Angel's 'escape' revealed
    Interesting (and very logical) article and video clip and one that definitely goes along with what Criss Angel is all about -- the art of illusion. Having had a couple of days to think about things, before even watching that video I knew logically that if he'd really been in that building at roof level (9+ stories up) the only other possible way out was to take a last second flying leap through some sort of hole that wasn't visible - and free fall those 9+ floors onto some really mega padding -- and that theory just didn't make sense, so I'd figured there was another explanation and IMO that Fox station found it.

Does figuring out how he probably did it take away anything -- well, maybe it does for some, but not for me. As Criss says himself in his book (paraphrasing here): "Of course I can't make an elephant disappear. But I can make you think I can."

And that, dear FORT members, is what illusion is all about and nobody does it better than the Mindfreak! He created the ultimate illusion and it worked beautifully, not to mention, the timing had to be absolutely perfect for it to be successful.

OK, now that's one thing explained -- there's only about a gazillion more to go!
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3153264;
    Am I the only one that watched it, that thought it was way to predictible? I watched with my 14 year old son & kept up a running commentary the whole time, including "and now the last lock won't open and the helicopter is going to leave". That comment was made before he even made it to the last floor.

The host was very calm after the implosion, considering the fact he may have just witnessed someone die. And of course the camera crew that ran to the building, just happened to choose the right spot where Chris would miraculously emerge.

It looked as if he was laying it that ditch, waiting for the crew to get there. And yes, he was dusty but where was the blood. I find it kind of hard to believe a human body could survive that type of implosion and fall and come out of it without a scratch.

I personally would have been more impressed if he had actually made it to the helicopter. I just found this to be to fake.

I am now going to duck and cover!
    That's what I mean. That's why I quit watching this show because the constant close calls and "failures" made it predictable and not as fun for me anymore to watch him.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3153341;
    That's what I mean. That's why I quit watching this show because the constant close calls and "failures" made it predictable and not as fun for me anymore to watch him.
    Houdini was a master of the "close call" and so it's only natural that Criss Angel would pay homage to his hero in that way.

The one thing I don't like about close calls is that it tends to make us forget Criss Angel is a human being, just like the rest of us, and that means he's not invincible. It's easy to get complacent and figure that no matter what, everything is going to be okay when the reality is - sometimes things go wrong and it can happen to anyone at any time.

A lot of us thought Steve Irwin and Dale Earnhardt were invincible too.
    Love lives forever <3

I can understand why Criss does what he does and how he does it but with a weekly tv show it starts to be less magical for me and more contrived. He is human and he could die but you can only cry wolf so many times with close calls before it gets a little tiring to watch.

I caught an episode of this show - the one where Criss walks on Lake Mead and pulls a card out of a bald guy's scalp. Eh. I think he's irritating - overly serious - and the card trick out of the guy's scalp - it was so obviously scripted and the 'bald cap' on the guys head was obvious, too.

I remember my dad and I watched a show many years ago about this guy that did 'street magic', and he'd kind of do the same thing where he'd walk the city streets and pull strangers aside and do magic tricks for them. He was way better than Criss Angel, in my opinion. I wish I could remember his name. I think it was the same guy that stayed underwater in a large bowl for a week or something crazy like that a couple years ago. Bah! I hope one of you knows who I'm talking about. because now it's going to be bothering me.

DAVID BLAINE! That's who I was thinking of, David Blaine.

Love him, too. No matter what anyone says about Criss being a fake or whatever, I will always love him and I will always enjoy wathcing Mindfreak!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread