+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reality TV's bad rep

Reality TV's bad rep

I was in a group of people yesterday where everyone was saying one thing they enjoyed doing, and I said I like watching reality TV and then going online and writing about it. So many of them just rolled their eyes, because it is a "given" that reality TV is a lower form of entertainment. I'll bet the ones who were feeling so superior had not even tried watching reality shows, or if they had, the reason they thought the programs were dumb is that they were too dumb to bring anything to the experience -- if they could think at all. Pathetic sheeple.

Drives me nuts, too. But, you have friends here that share your interests and won't look down on you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

And Big Brother is about to start! Do you watch that? I was gearing up this morning by reading about everyone in the BB thread. Sounds like a good season.
    Count your blessings!

Those people were probably the ones that only watch cartoon network and nothign else or sci fi
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Most of my friends don't watch reality tv either. I don't worry about it though as I love chatting with the people here.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I was just thinking of making a thread/post about this too. People will be like "I hate reality shows, they are all the same" and act as if anyone who watches them are stupid. I hate that. You have YOUR interests and I have mine. You don't see me dissing stuff like "all sports fans are blockheads" or "all Everwood/OC/Lost fans are lame", so why are reality tv show fans always "fair game". lol I don't care, I love reality shows. While things are often exaggerated for entertainment purposes, a LOT of the activity and underlying principles behind the shows are reflections of actual human interaction and social behavior. I'm a psychology fan too, maybe that's why i get so into them?

I know, that always bugs me... they think all reality tv is crap.

meh, but I'm addicted.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Those people were probably the ones that only watch cartoon network and nothign else or sci fi
    hey,hey, there I LOVE sci-fi but I am also a reality TV fan!

Premium Member
    Besides the entertainment and the great people that I get to talk to here, reality tv gives me an outlet to release my snarkasm and helps me be a nicer person to the rest of the world.

I love TV - all kinds of shows, but until the last few years I never really watched much of it. Reality TV is great entertainment- when I can't fit it into my schedule I just read the recaps here at the FoRT.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast