+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hogan Knows Best (VH1)

FORT Fogey

Re: Hogan Knows Best (VH1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2656927;
    Seatbelts don't save lives??? That is the dumbest thing I have read all day. If you believe that, than I challenge you to go speak with any police officer, trauma doctor or EMT in your area and ask their opinion.
    I challenge you to go speak with any police officer, trauma doctor or EMT in your area and ask their opinion on what the chances of a single car accident with a death occuring when the driver is sober and obeying all of the traffic rules.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2656954;
    I challenge you to go speak with any police officer, trauma doctor or EMT in your area and ask their opinion on what the chances of a single car accident with a death occuring when the driver is sober and obeying all of the traffic rules.
    Actually, I have and I do know- if they are wearing a seatbelt, they have a considerably higher chance of surviving than if they aren't. Plain and simple. Whether or not a driver is drunk or sober, seatbelts save lives. Obviously a drunk driver will have a higher chance of an accident, but the fact still remains that when one wears a seatbelt, their chances of surviving are 95 to 100 % better. You can choose not to wear yours, but I choose to wear mine and insist that my kids do as well- every time, no exceptions, because even a sober drivers obeying all traffic rules can and do get into accidents.
    Last edited by Mikesgal; 11-08-2007 at 06:06 PM.

FORT Fan

Actually, it is the driver's responsibility to make sure that the passenger is wearing a seat belt. I remember when I took my driving test at 16, you got points off if you didn't remind the tester to put on the seatbelt. And in many states, the driver can be ticketed if the passengers aren't wearing them. So it's as much Nick's fault as his passengers that the kid wasn't wearing the seatbelt.

I recently went on a road trip with a bunch of friends and when we first started out, they were teasing me because the first thing I did was put on my seatbelt. Until I told them about a car accident I was in when I was three. I was riding in the front seat of my mother's station wagon when we were hit from behind by someone following too closely. My mother was driving at a safe speed and following all the laws, but because someone else wasn't and my mother hadn't buckled me in, I went through the windshield and spent a week in ICU with a concussion. My mother also got a ticket for endangering a minor, I believe.

FORT Fogey

It is said that seatbelts save lives. A school friend was speeding with three others in his car. He lost control and rolled. The front passenger walked away. The driver and the two in the backseat died at the scene. ALL four were wearing their seatbelts.

In the Nick Hogan case, no one will EVER know FOR SURE if wearing a seatbelt would of made a difference for his friend.
    The only FOR SURE is if Nick had been sober and NOT speeding, this single car accident would NOT of happened.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2656938;
    The passenger could have taken responsibility before the accident by not getting into the car with a drinking driver, putting on his seatbelt or demanding to get out of the car once the driver started acting recklessly. His big mistake was not putting on his seatbelt. (and I repeat, Nick is purely at fault for the accident)I do not believe the Hogans were trying to deflect blame off of Nick. They have a point that the friend wasn't wearing his seatbelt, and if he had, he most likely would be fine right now. I didn't see it as malicious - it was a fact.
    The reason why people are enraged is not because a teenager drove recklessly, sadly, that's an every day occurance. What is infuriating is that on the day that their son was arrested on serious charges, the Hogans did not admit that Nick was at fault or take responsibility in any way. They did jump on the opportunity to grasp at whatever straw they could by blaming the victim for his injuries at the hands of their son. That's cowardly!

One of my daughter's friends was killed two weeks ago tomorrow in a car accident. She was heading back to college and took her eyes off the road to look in her bag for her ringing cellphone. She crossed the road and went head on into an 18-wheeler. She was killed instantly while strapped in her seatbelt. Should her family blame the driver of the truck for being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Or her boyfriend who was calling her cellphone?

There is no rhyme nor reason to who will survive when an impaired, speeding driver crashes as evidenced by this picture

Bottom line, Nick's actions lie squarely on him as does his responsibilty toward anyone who is in his vehicle.....any spin on his or his family's part is...I'll say it again. Cowardly!
    Last edited by bewty; 11-08-2007 at 11:59 PM.

But you know his daddy with his money and lawyers will get him off the hook. The lawyers are saying he had no priors and are boo hooing about him being tried as an adult. What do they say about the under age drinking? It makes me sick that he'll probably walk away from this with just a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile, his friend is rotting in a hospital room. Totally wrong. Where is the line drawn with famous people and crime?
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

In one sense I understand why the Hogan's lawyers are trying to shift blame, cuase as celebrities they do not want to be over dinged in the financial pocket.

On the other hand, they are not doing Nick any favors by letting him get away with this behavior. Even on "Hogan Knows Best" Nick has said he can get away with more "bad" behaviour than his sister Brooke, his parents have always been much more strict with her. Thing is he is a rich young kid who has been getting away with bad behaviour all his life. It is time to pay the piper and I hope he does some jail time and community service. I think the police in Florida are not doing their job especially when he was pulled over 3 times in one day for doing 100 mph and only got warnings. Please let him come to Virginia and let get a ticket for going 10 miles over the speed limit. He was driving recklessly, he was driving drunk, he may have killed his friend and that is a manslaughter charge, he deserves to be punished and punished hard. The only reason he even has a life of previledge is because his father worked hard at it for the last 30 or 40 yrs. I would love to see Nick try to support himself on the sweat of his own efforts. I don't think that will happen he comes across a very unambitious. At least Brooke has goals and is trying to build a career for herself. In the long run I can see Brooke doing well for herself but at this point all I can see for Nick is an early drunken death with his car wrapped around a tree.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

In the long run I can see Brooke doing well for herself but at this point all I can see for Nick is an early drunken death with his car wrapped around a tree.
    How do fairytales end? Oh yeah, "And they lived happily ever after. The end."

How can Hulk and linda expect Nick to drive properly when they are the ones setting the bad example by STREET RACING and BRAGGING about it in front of their kids!!!?!

Linda Hogan needs to grow up, act like a mother and stop being a jackass!

She could have gotten her daughter Brooke killed or crippled for life with her ridiculous juvenile attitude and behaviour!

The following article is from the Post Chronicle (I can't post the link cuz i havent been a member long enough)
    The video they describe is on YOUTUBE just search for "Linda Hogan street racing"

ABC Action News in Tampa reported that they have obtained a 2005 documentary entitled VEHICULAR LUNATICS that actually contains a DVD extra entitled STREET RACING WITH LINDA HOGAN. Clips from the DVD, showing Linda and daughter Brooke drag racing in their Mercedes S600 two years ago, aired not only on the Tampa news station, but also on TMZ-TV.

"This is the worst possible timing for this footage to go public," stated reporter Dan Bristow, who has covered the story in a series of hard-hitting articles, "it's damning evidence that the entire family is obsessed with speed. Linda's comments have come back to haunt the family, especially in light of Nick's arrest and subsequent suspension of his drivers license."

In the video, Linda is seen alongside another car. Brooke says to the men in the adjacent car, "Wanna race?" One of the men replies, "Yeah! We love racing you! On three." Brooke replies, "Let's do this. Alright." Then Linda says "Let's kick it." The cars take off, but their speeds are not known.

ABC reports Two years later, 17 year old Nick is charged with felony reckless driving after a crash leaves a friend in a coma, and after Nick was pulled over four times for speeding. At one point in the documentary, his mother was asked how she feels about street racing. Her answer: "Oh, I love it. I love it. The rush, the speed on the road, stereo blasting, heart-pounding, racing in between all the cars, dodging the cops. It's awesome."
    ABC Action News Investigative Reporter Matthew Schwartz interviewed Linda in the Hogan Family's home just hours before Nick's arrest two weeks ago, and Linda actually denied making that remark, despite the existence of the videotape! Instead of dealing with her statement, which the station played several times to show it is exactly what Linda said, she nervously stated, "I never said that. I never would have said that."

Nick Hogan-Bollea's passenger, 22-year old Iraqi War Veteran John Graziano, remains in a coma and in critical condition at the James Haley V.A. Hospital in Tampa.
    Last edited by Lostgirl; 11-21-2007 at 09:31 AM.

FORT Fan

It sounds like Hulk should have been as concerned with protecting Brooke from her mom as he was about protecting her from guys. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread