+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hogan Knows Best (VH1)

FORT Fan

Re: Hogan Knows Best (VH1)

[QUOTE=bewty;2654670;][URL="http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?
    I can't believe the Hogans are trying to spin responsibility for this tragedy toward the passenger for not wearing a seat belt.Hello? Your kid was drinking and street racing [/QUOTE]

I think it's Nick's fault for the accident, but if the friend was wearing his seat belt, he wouldn't be in the shape he is currently in. I hate the blame game as well, but Nick walked away because he was wearing his. I'm siding with the Hogan family on this one.

FORT Fanatic

There would have been no wreck to walk away from if Nick had not been endangering the lives of not only himself and his passenger but everyone who had the misfortune to be in his path that night. Where is the PSA about illegal street racing by a minor who's had a few?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2655384;
    There would have been no wreck to walk away from if Nick had not been endangering the lives of not only himself and his passenger but everyone who had the misfortune to be in his path that night. Where is the PSA about illegal street racing by a minor who's had a few?
    Absolutely. However, the friend got in the car probably knowing Nick had been drinking, and was most likely drinking himself. He didn't fasten his seat belt. He got into the car. He needs to take responsiblity for his actions as well.
    Again, the accident was purely Nicks fault, and he should be punished for it, but the passenger had a responsibilty for his own safety. That is why I agree with the Hogans- they are not shifting the blame off of Nick, but are saying that as a responsible young man, he should have been wearing his seat belt, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

FORT Fanatic

Ok, first of all, the passenger can't take responsibility for his actions right now as he's been in a coma for 3 months. Whether he was drinking or not is not an issue as he was not behind the wheel of that car. Nick Hogan was and he chose to break at least 4 laws for his own pleasure regardless of the impact on anyone else's life. I have a teenage son, I know they do things without thinking. My problem lies in the statement the Hogan family released through their attorney. It was cold and calculated to deflect blame away from their son in any way they could. If Nick walks away from the charges, what will he have learned? That as long as Dad's lawyers are on speed dial, the laws don't apply to me as long as I'm having fun. It showed a complete lack of class and zero responsibility. I hope that young man's family is as incensed as I am and makes them pay royally! How about admitting Nick was not "a responsible young man" ???

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

He's already been cited 4 times maybe? I say put him in jail.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2655734;
    He's already been cited 4 times maybe? I say put him in jail.
    Yes, he has and there is video on Youtube of him bragging about it.

FORT Fogey

Seatbelts don't save lives. Driving safe and sober does.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

IMO, if the driver of a vehicle intends to drink and race then he is responsible for making sure all passengers have their seatbelts on because the end result is painfully obvious.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2656286;
    Seatbelts don't save lives. Driving safe and sober does.
    Seatbelts don't save lives??? That is the dumbest thing I have read all day. If you believe that, than I challenge you to go speak with any police officer, trauma doctor or EMT in your area and ask their opinion.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2655638;
    Ok, first of all, the passenger can't take responsibility for his actions right now as he's been in a coma for 3 months. Whether he was drinking or not is not an issue as he was not behind the wheel of that car. Nick Hogan was and he chose to break at least 4 laws for his own pleasure regardless of the impact on anyone else's life. I have a teenage son, I know they do things without thinking. My problem lies in the statement the Hogan family released through their attorney. It was cold and calculated to deflect blame away from their son in any way they could.???
    The passenger could have taken responsibility before the accident by not getting into the car with a drinking driver, putting on his seatbelt or demanding to get out of the car once the driver started acting recklessly. His big mistake was not putting on his seatbelt. (and I repeat, Nick is purely at fault for the accident)I do not believe the Hogans were trying to deflect blame off of Nick. They have a point that the friend wasn't wearing his seatbelt, and if he had, he most likely would be fine right now. I didn't see it as malicious - it was a fact.

+ Reply to Thread