+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bravo Announces Deal to Produce the Biggest In-Studio “Tell-All” Reality Star Reunion

Bravo Announces Deal to Produce the Biggest In-Studio “Tell-All” Reality Star Reunion

by SnowflakeGirl

FansofRealityTV.com – This week, Bravo has released news of their ambitious deal with IMG/TWI to produce a one-hour “tell-all studio-based reunion” special, featuring the some of the “biggest stars of reality television,” to air in late 2005.

While no specific names have been announced as of yet, the program, called "Bravo's All-Star Reality Reunion," promises that over 50 reality TV celebs from some 20 reality shows such as "The Amazing Race," "American Idol," "The Apprentice," "Average Joe," "The Bachelor," "Big Brother," "For Love or Money," "The Joe Schmo Show," "Last Comic Standing," "Project Runway," "The Real World," "Showbiz Moms & Dads," "Survivor," and "Temptation Island," among others, will “dish out all the dirt” that viewers have been dying to hear.

The show is produced by TWI (mostly known for sports programming but seeking to diversify), the global television division of IMG, for Bravo. One of TWI's Executive Producers for "Bravo's All-Star Reality Reunion,” Robert Horowitz, explains that the special will be "the largest gathering of reality stars on one stage. The opportunity to unite cast members with other stars from different show cycles will provide entertaining and emotional exchanges. There clearly are unsettled storylines which we hope to raise, while hopefully getting answers to unresolved issues."

Lauren Zalaznick, President of Bravo, the network devoted to arts, culture and pop culture which brought reality hits such as "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and "Project Runway" to viewers, says, "Bravo is thrilled to partner with IMG/TWI to provide viewers with a window into the biggest, most 'meta' reunion of America's most talked-about reality TV stars. Bravo's commitment to showcasing personalities who have made a mark in entertainment and pop culture is the driving force behind this new reality reunion program."
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

One hour hardly seems long enough. The one-hour Survivor reunion shows and The Bachelor "Women Tell All" shows barely give you a glimpse of each participant. I hope they don't plan to include more than about 8 reality stars. Seems like something that would be better as a series. And god knows it won't end up being the folks we'd be anxious to see, but rather the reality ho's who just won't go away. (Romber and Omarosa I'm talking to you.)
    Last edited by Qboots; 06-15-2005 at 10:42 AM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I agree...one hour doesn't seem like nearly enough time if they're gonna have 50 or so former participants included in the show...

I wonder how much "all" can really be told, given the non-disclosure agreements that contestants have to sign. Unless the NDs are waived, an hour of "so-and-so wasn't as big a jerk as he seemed on TV) is pretty boring.
    Last edited by Newfherder; 06-15-2005 at 02:26 PM. Reason: fix parallelism
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I was going to post the same thing, 1 hour is way too short. However, I think it will definetly be interesting.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Cool! I wish they would do a 5-part series like they did "The Reality of Reality TV".

I'll definitely tune in.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    One hour hardly seems long enough. The one-hour Survivor reunion shows and The Bachelor "Women Tell All" shows barely give you a glimpse of each participant. I hope they don't plan to include more than about 8 reality stars. Seems like something that would be better as a series. And god knows it won't end up being the folks we'd be anxious to see, but rather the reality ho's who just won't go away. (Romber and Omarosa I'm talking to you.)
    ROFLMAO. Those 2(3) will be first in line!

To be honest folks, when I wrote this article, I kept re-reading the press release thinking there was some mistake on the length of the special. Like you all, I think one hour seems like a ridiculously short amount of time. I also find it a wee bit suspicious that they haven't named any names...
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    And I'm guessing it won't be a true tell all special like they always hype it up to be, but rather just the same stuff we've heard over and over again. The "secrets" will probably be more of what happened with the contestant(s) than what happened overall. This part right here:

"Bravo is thrilled to partner with IMG/TWI to provide viewers with a window into the biggest, most 'meta' reunion of America's most talked-about reality TV stars. Bravo's commitment to showcasing personalities who have made a mark in entertainment and pop culture is the driving force behind this new reality reunion program."
    makes me think you're right Qboots about the line of people we'll probably be seeing And I hate how the shows all get meshed together into one block; I'd rather see a tell all special related to different reality shows and each given their own hour.

+ Reply to Thread