+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Ladder - New show on TLC

FORT Newbie
    I'm just amazed. I'm thinking... if SHE can make a profit ~ surely we would be able to.

FORT Newbie
    I know enough, but I think it would be difficult in our housing market. 600K here buys a mansion on an acreage or downtown.

I usually watch this show and think that, while some of the homeowners are a little inept, the end result is pretty good. This week though..... UGH! Those colors! What was that woman thinking!? I loved how, every time they showed a shot of the house, they played "Psycho" music! I wonder how long it took the new owner to repaint that hideous red.

She clearly had no clue about renovating a house. The very idea that she ripped out cabinets in a pantry just blows me away and that kitchen was horrid! So what if your heart isn't in it!? Plus, what was with the black fridge? I knew as soon as she decided to cut a hole in that wall for the fridge that it wasn't going to be the right size.

I can't believe that any of the contractors and painters stuck around through all of her indecisiveness. I can't believe she thought she was going to finish that house in 4 weeks and yet she wasn't showing up to do any work until mid-day.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow, glad other people had the same reaction to this chick. She was so clueless and ditzy blonde that I just wanted to scream. She was so stupid. Going into a business with no business plan, no way to track her budget, no experience, looks as if she had no contractors lined up to start immediately. Had poor communication skills and no idea what people want in the market as opposed to her taste.

What gets me is this lady is a house appraiser.

Kirsten also surprised me in the beginning by saying the 4 week deadline was doable.

Personally, I would have gone with a lighter sage green on the body of the house and a darker green on the trim. The red was butt ugly.

I also can't believe she didn't finish the house for the open house I hope in the extra month she had negotiating the offer that she finished putting fixtures in the bathrooms, a stove and microwave in the kitchen and who puts in a black frig in that space, it looked so out of place.

One week to pick room colors, and no work done anywhere on the house. 2 week vacation and no calls to check up on what was being done, and after coming back putting off for another 2 weeks and doing nothing. This lady was begging to lose her shirt.

What really set me off was at the end in her confessionals she is patting herself on the back going on and on about her vision blah blah blah. How delusional can you get. Especially after watching last weeks episode in Texas and that poor overworked house wife and then this idiot I just wanted to reach into my tv set and punch Cynthia Price in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I can't believe that any of the contractors and painters stuck around through all of her indecisiveness. I can't believe she thought she was going to finish that house in 4 weeks and yet she wasn't showing up to do any work until mid-day.
    If I quit my job to be a full time house flipper. I would definitely be on the job by 7 and watch what was going on. Especially for the amount of money that was involved. This lady was one lucky lady. This could not possible happen to her again. As far as being able to make that much money flipping on another house.

FORT Fan
    "What gets me is this lady is a house appraiser."

I'm not so sure. All I remember them saying is that she worked with realtors, which could mean anything. Given her naiivete I wonder if she had an administrative job like answering the phones? Because she was indeed clueless about the nuts and bolts of what she was getting into.

No doubt the cash windfall will give her the confidence to flip again. I predict that she'll do it again because she actually thinks she's GOOD at it, based on her first attempt. I hope she falls on her butt.

(Heads up: might wanna put your flamer's hat on if you live in southern CA)

I've got to say that this woman embodies all of the nut jobs I encountered while living in Orange County. THIS is what they were all like when I lived there!!! LALA-land indeed.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    "What gets me is this lady is a house appraiser."

I'm not so sure. All I remember them saying is that she worked with realtors, which could mean anything.

She did say she was an appraiser which just about floored me considering the junk she pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    "What really set me off was at the end in her confessionals she is patting herself on the back going on and on about her vision blah blah blah.
    I really can't believe she takes herself seriously.

H2O
    This lady takes the trophy of Idiot Property Flipper.

It looked like she made one of the highest profits too.

Life just isn't fair.

She was so lucky she had ethical contractors doing the work.

I liked her interior colors but her exterior colors were not good.

* She never contacted the Historical Commission after Kristen told her to? Idiot.
    * She took out the lower cabinets in the pantry after Kristen and her sister told her to leave them? Idiot.
    * She didn't finish the kitchen "cause her heart wasn't in it"? Idiot.
    * She didn't complete adding shower and tub fixtures? Idiot.
    * She takes a 2 week vacation and then tears up because everything she expected wasn't done? Idiot.

She was delusional about her contributions to the project. It worked in spite of her not because of her.

Too funny, H2O. I agree with everyone. This was the ugliest post-reno house ever! The awful mobile-home kitchen, the naked-from-the-waist-down pantry, the red blob on top of the house.
    The woman must make a ton as an appraiser (yikes). Did anyone notice the brand new Mercedes she drove?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Last week and this week (8/7) are repeats there should be a new show next week per the TV Guide.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-07-2005 at 03:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread