+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Thread: Property Ladder - New show on TLC

Re: Property Ladder & Flip That House on TLC

I caught the Flip That House this week. Liked the first episode with the all women bosses. I like how the main woman has flipped over 100 homes in the last 7 yrs and she is doing this flip and getting married. Liked how the house sold immediately and she got a nice profit on it.

The second show was the dad and son, Luke III and Luke IV. Funny how after 3 months of hard work they were able to sell their finished house quite quickly but after all the realtor fees etc... they only had $6,000 of profit to split between them. That's about $250 per week. Ouch!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

Re: Property Ladder - New show on TLC

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2612706;
    I have hear various things about how slippery tile floors can be. But in the case on granite have not a clue.
    Any highly-polished surface like granite or marble or limestone will be extremely slippery when wet. Many ceramic and porcelain tiles are very slick when wet as well, even some that have a textured surface. If you have tile in your home, just wet it down and run your bare foot across the surface, and you may be surprised how slippery the floor really is!

These surfaces are very durable, though, and a good choice for many different scenarios. They can also be treated to make them less slick. My company, SkidFree, is in business with the sole mission of making flooring types of all types safer in wet conditions. We have amazing treatments for tile especially, that will make it almost impossible to slip on when wet, usually without altering the appearance at all.
    Say Goodbye To Slippery Floors With SkidFree!
    SkidFree offers anti-slip consulting and affordable installation services to fix any type of slippery floor, including problem floors like slippery tile, slick marble and slippery concrete. Call today for free consultation and quote.
    http://skidfree.com

Kirsten/Kristin/Kristen/whatever - the host - can be really rude to some of these people, but the real a-hole on the show is the narrarator guy. He snarks left and right on the house flippers! LOL, it's kinda funny.

The last episode I saw was about two guys that flipped a small house, but cut a lot of corners and put in bright blue plasticy countertops. Apparently, the house sold and they made a profit, even though Kirsten/Kristen and the narrator had a lot of bad things to say about their flip. I like how the nasty narrator said, 'And they put in some... ... ... eye catching... ... blue countertops' Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3187401;
    Kirsten/Kristin/Kristen/whatever - the host - can be really rude to some of these people, but the real a-hole on the show is the narrarator guy. He snarks left and right on the house flippers! LOL, it's kinda funny.

The last episode I saw was about two guys that flipped a small house, but cut a lot of corners and put in bright blue plasticy countertops. Apparently, the house sold and they made a profit, even though Kirsten/Kristen and the narrator had a lot of bad things to say about their flip. I like how the nasty narrator said, 'And they put in some... ... ... eye catching... ... blue countertops' Heh.
    Adam Harrington is the narrator. He also narrates 'What Not to Wear.' He uses the same tone on that show.

I'm pretty sure Harrington doesn't write his own dialogue. Even 'reality/how-to' shows have writers.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

+ Reply to Thread