+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Property Ladder - New show on TLC

Re: Property Ladder - New show on TLC

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2714841;
    Hmmm. That is the first time I've heard of that. I think I remember one person saying they put the house up for rent.

Wonder if they didn't think they could sell it or they fell in love with it? Or they decided they could make more money by selling their current home instead????
    Well, in this episode and the previous week's episode there both have been little sidebars at the very, very end saying Julie decided to rent and Allison and JP moved into theirs. I can see if you thought it was the end of the show it can be very easy to miss.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

12/15/07

Repeats, but the producers are putting small notes at the end of the shows letting us viewers know what happened to the houses. It is very interesting in both episodes the houses were not sold right away and one flipper is using their house as an office for the business and the Austin flipper moved into his. I like how the producers are letting us know not all flips sell that quickly and the flippers are being smart and either renting them, using them for business or living their. The market has changed and you have to adapt or go out of business.

The funny thing about the housing market going down it gives a chance for first time buyers who have been totally shut out of the market. That's how my one relative bought his first home when the market was bust here in the DC area about 12 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2724031;
    12/15/07

Repeats, but the producers are putting small notes at the end of the shows letting us viewers know what happened to the houses.
    That is a cool thing to do. I always wonder if houses sell and for how much, how long they were on the market, if they sold at all.

bravo!

12/22/07 - repeats but with updates at the end. I only caught the first one which was about a married California couple who were both realtors and had flipped before. The husband had a german accent. Anyway they bought this million dollar home. Spent about $800,000 refreshing it. New carpets, new tile, changing out the gold (colored) faucets for newer brushed nickel ones. Upgraded the side paths with nice concrete pathways etc... Painted the house. The only flaw I saw was the granite tile counters instead of granite counters. But the follow up indicated that the house sold one day after it was put on the market. The flippers made about a $40,000+ profit. But in additon they made over $27,000 in realtor fees for a total of about $88,000. They would like to flip again but the market has changed so they are waiting.

FYI - TLC has been showing new episodes the last 4 wks or so. In fact they have had some All Star episode with previous flippers. The surf shop/realtor lady. The hispanic flipper who did south LA. Chad (wheelchair) from was it South Carolina. Even a newbie from Atlanta. The shows have been interesting as far as seeing how the current real estate market is effecting the flippers. Surf Shop lady flipped another condo and it was adorable but she pulled it off the market after 2 or 3 wks and is renting. South LA sold his house and made a huge profit. (LA is a weird market) But the house sold for under $400,000 which is cheap in LA. Chad, love him, love his attitude, love the flip. Ugh, the market is killing him. Hope it sells.

TLC has also moved Flip That House from the 9pm slot to the 8pm slot. I think it is to help Trading Spaces, now that it has been revamped and Page Davis is back. I wish Page Davis the best of luck but I quit watching that show just before of after she left and have not missed it and am not looking back. Also they are bringing Hildy back and I am running for the hills. NO MORE STRAW WALLS. I sincerely hope that FTH has continued success at its new time but I also hope that any association with Trading Spaces will not hurt it.

Again 2 new shows for the 9th of February. There is a bit of a pattern as in one episode the house sells and in the other it does not. I must admit the show must be gaining an audience as the graphics have been revamped. I like how whoever designed the new graphics for the show kept the flavor of the old ones but really updated them. I also notice that all episodes have a disclaimer stating that these are real people using real money and that it is not a game. I do believe we have Armondo of Flip This House San Antonio and Sam the Scammer from Atlanta to thank for that disclaimer. It also looks as if there is enough lack time from filming to the final cut to let the audience know what happened to the home. If it was sold and for how much. If it was rented or if it is still on the market.

Feb 16th and 23rd shows.

I like how Flip That House is showing 2 episodes on Saturday night. Seems as it TLC is using the show to draw in the audience to try to save Trading Spaces. I like the new format and I find it very interesting to see FTH producers use people they have filmed before. The most interesting to me was watching Fagser from Louisiana, try to flip his mom's cousin's house in LA. The value of the property was $36,000 in taxes. Interesting upgrades, making the house very modern. Fagser is a massage therapist and this was his first flip. I think he experienced what a lot of first time flippers do. Too big a renovation and not budgeting in enough time and money. His general contractor got the flu and was out for almost 2 weeks and it really effected the build. It was very funny hearing him complain about the budget and yet during cleanup he broke a $500 window. He comes across a bit like bull in a china shop. I like how the realtor told him the difference between selling as is and finishing the project. I think Fagser was lucky this was an inheritence. If he had to pay full price for the house he would be finiancially in a hole right now. I think he is also a very good son, for leaving home, his business to come rehab a house in LA so he can sell it for a good profit for his mother.

Saturday, March 8th Flip That House will be replaced with Flip That Restaurent. Sorta reminds me of Kitchen Nightmare but I will probably enjoy it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2814240;
    Saturday, March 8th Flip That House will be replaced with Flip That Restaurent. Sorta reminds me of Kitchen Nightmare but I will probably enjoy it more.
    Hmmm I'll have to tune in for the restaurant one. Thanks for the heads up!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I want new episodes of Property Ladder NOW!

With that said, however, it has been nice to see so many new episodes (or at least new to me anyway) of Flip That House.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread