+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Ladder - New show on TLC

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Yeah, they made some interesting choices with the unit. The extra large sinks in the bathrooms are very cool, as I find the most bathroom sinks way to small, but there was no counter surface. I'm not sure it would be a trade of most prospective homeowners would want. I found it interesting that the British lady thought that the smaller frig was a good choice. In the U.K. that frig is considered large. All things considered, I thought once they scaled back on their plans (hydrolic bar?), they did a good job.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Ahhh... the hydraulic sushi bar. Yet another example of someone wanting to put something in there that HE would like. I'm also glad that got shelved.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I felt as if I was watching an episode of Dumb and Dumber. The boys, Joey and Tony were really sweet to there mom and the entire point of the flip was to give entire profit to their mom fo her retirement. Well, I know they paid back the loan she gave them to cover the property taxes but did they give her the retirement money, it came across as if they did not. BAD BOYS!!!!

I have to admit this was as hysterical side splitting show. All they did was paint the walls, they did nothing with the texture, they put in new floors, ok, painted the kitchen cabinets, and did not install new hardware as the host advised, even simple nickle pulls would have made the doors look great and match the steel appliances. They should not have moved the refrigerator, instead have kept it on the original wall. I like the outdoor shower but they needed to tile the patio because they bitched so much about the gravel and then they left it. A door to the patio, mmm I am surprised the condo association let them do that. The washer and dryer were a great idea but the they should have done more with the bathrooms especially for what they charged for the condo. How about new tubs and handles and travetine tile on the bathroom walls. That would have really tied in with the new floors.

All in all I think these guys were extremely lucky.

Dumb and Dumber - I agree! I was amazed how much they got for the condo considering all the stuff they didn't do (like the tub enclosures), but they had it decorated really nicely and cleaned up, the new floors looked great, and little things like that must make a huge difference in a hot market like Palm Springs. They made more profit than anyone yet on this show and did the least, but it did look a LOT better.

I liked the outdoor shower, and the gravel is actually good for drainage there, but they should have added a wood "deck" area above the gravel to stand on. That could be easily added by the buyers, though.

I do hope they helped Mom out and not just by paying off their debt to her! Hope that just wasn't shown...!

The washer and dryer were a great idea but the they should have done more with the bathrooms especially for what they charged for the condo.
    The key here is that they GOT what they asked for the condo... If people were willing to pay for what they got, then more power to them... Based on the other SoCal episodes I've seen them do, I think the $140K they paid was a steal... I wouldn't be surprised if someone flips it again!

In fact that would be a good follow up on this show... What if someone were to buy one and flip it again?
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

What would be cool if the host and a newbie bought in the same building or a similiar unit and were given a budget and see what a professional does versus an amateur.

H2O
    I thought the Italian brothers were cute and clue-less! I was surprised that they let the property sit unattended for that many weeks before even doing anything. It was like if they BOTH couldn't go down, then nothing happened.

In the end, their updates did enhance the condo quite well. Because they were so limited in their skills they were smart enough to get professionals to lay the tile, which looked great. The washer/dryer in the condo was nicely executed - I liked that they took the expert's advice on this one. The whole refrigerator - didn't listen to the expert and was burned by this - bit was funny. I was surprised by the outdoor shower, unlikely to be used but it looked charming. What blew me away was their decorating. I don't know if they did it or if they got some help but it looked like a model condo when they finally had the open house.

You had to love that they were looking to help fund their mother's retirement. Those two lugs wanted to help their mamma.

so far I have been amazed by every one of these people having no idea at all how much time renovating a place takes. They obviously have not done any construction around a house at all. Drywall is cheap, but it takes 3 days of mudding and sanding to do it right. Tile takes at least two days, one day for tiling, wait for it to dry overnight and then grout, wait for that to dry overnight and seal the grout. Then you can work on it.

Ilikai has Spoken!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    so far I have been amazed by every one of these people having no idea at all how much time renovating a place takes. They obviously have not done any construction around a house at all. Drywall is cheap, but it takes 3 days of mudding and sanding to do it right. Tile takes at least two days, one day for tiling, wait for it to dry overnight and then grout, wait for that to dry overnight and seal the grout. Then you can work on it.

Ilikai has Spoken!!!
    Oh I know... I think some of these people watched a little too much Trading Spaces... Are there really this many people in the world that don't know how to paint??

I think it will be interesting to show an episode where the housing market drops like a stone and they lose their shirt... That would be must see TV!
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

FORT Newbie
    There was one recently where they were showing the cops arriving at one of the houses. I missed the episope, what happened? Hype about nothing I'm guessing.

+ Reply to Thread