+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MTV's The 70s House

The dance scene was funny. I think the guys did a better job, more consistent with the times.

Anybody remember Denny Terrio having that dance show?
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY
    The dance scene was funny. I think the guys did a better job, more consistent with the times.

Anybody remember Denny Terrio having that dance show?
    Uh, yeah. Deney Terrio was great on Dance Fever! I used to have quite the crush on him. He has aged rather well. But those robotic type moves he was showing the kids was really lame.

I'm not liking the hostess "Dawn". Too much is shown of her and too little of the kids interacting. And NOBODY went around saying "groovy", "far out", etc. that much.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked
    Oh no, no Bearcata!! Plaid pants were HOT!! My fave pair of pants were bell bottom red and blue plaid pants, I loved wearing them with my red bodysuit and my Earth shoes!!! Believe me, all the clothes were straight out of the 70's fashions, no exaggerations at all!! Why would the kids get haircuts?? Everyone had long hair back then and lots of it.

I can't wait to watch again tonight!
    I just rememeber the hair being bigger especially on the guys and using blow dryers to get it big and hairspray to get that helment head.

Yeah, I remember my dad had a pair of plaid pants like yours and the white shoes and white belt. I give him credit for trying to be fashionable but I never liked it that much. The pastel suits for guys was also interesting , the pale greens, blues and pinks.

Those break dancers were really really good, I wanted to just keep watching them

I wore my jeans in the 70's, not those plaid pants
    long straight hair, peasant tops and chunky shoes or boots

I almost forgot! I LOVED my brown suede jacket with the long fringe everywhere
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

I think they show costumers are over doing the patterns and mixing too many on each person, especially the girls. Guys would either were solid color pants and a patterned polyester shirt or a solid color shirt and plaid pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I think they show costumers are over doing the patterns and mixing too many on each person, especially the girls. Guys would either were solid color pants and a patterned polyester shirt or a solid color shirt and plaid pants.
    Yeah I agree with you. I remember the clothes but I also remember people MATCHING. It looks like they've thrown them all together like a stew.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Now, don't take this the wrong way, and I have only seen one episode and I am willing to give it another shot, but this may be the dumbest premise for a show...ever. Is is a contest? Is there a winner at the end for being the most 70s?

They win money..... and I love the show even though I was born in the 80's. All these kids are my age and I can relate. The best part is the Hustle. Whenever, where ever, hustle.

Cant wait for next week!

It seems like Dawn thinks "being 70's" is acting drunk. She kind of seems to slurrr the farrrr outsss and grooooovys and hangs off of people like she can't stand up straight. lol

This show is a hoot! I graduated in 78, so remember all of it too well. I was forced to drive a station wagon just like the one on the show.

My kids watch it with me and can't stop laughing at all the stuff "back then"

Dawn is very annoying.

The Hustle is hysterical.
    Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you.
    ~ Crowded House ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast