+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MTV's The 70s House

I'm not liking this show that much.

Okay, the Hustle thing is funny.

This show was pretty funny.. I will continue to watch

I thought this show was hilarious! I laughed out loud several times, one being the "do the hustle" at the very end, one time was when they told the winning team their prize was "a fondue party" and the crickets chirped! Being old enough to remember the 70s very well, it was neat to see all the 70s stuff around the house. The station wagon also made me laugh.

I think Dawn messed up at least once, though, and slipped out of "70s lingo" when she showed the girls their clothing closet and told them they were going to look so "hot" in them. I don't think people used that expression in the 70s, did they? She should have stuck with groovy, far-out, or something along those lines, I thought.

Anyway, cute show with a different concept. I'll keep watching!

Emily

Quote Originally Posted by reality_emily
    I thought this show was hilarious! I laughed out loud several times, one being the "do the hustle" at the very end, one time was when they told the winning team their prize was "a fondue party" and the crickets chirped! Being old enough to remember the 70s very well, it was neat to see all the 70s stuff around the house. The station wagon also made me laugh.

I think Dawn messed up at least once, though, and slipped out of "70s lingo" when she showed the girls their clothing closet and told them they were going to look so "hot" in them. I don't think people used that expression in the 70s, did they? She should have stuck with groovy, far-out, or something along those lines, I thought.

Anyway, cute show with a different concept. I'll keep watching!

Emily

I too loved this show!! I was laughing so loud, my daughter kept telling me to be quieter!! I am a child of the 70s, what a rush to see it all again! Reminded me of how AWFUL we dressed!!!!! The short basketball shorts with the tube socks!!! OMG I remember wearing these!!!

I do believe that "hot" was NOT in our vocabulary back then. And I don't like Dawn at all, very annoying. I hope she tones it down. I LOVED Operation!!! Always wanted one but never did get one.

I will continue to watch and laugh!!

Just caught the last 20 minutes or so of this show- pretty funny. I think it's even funnier because we lived through it- my daughter was watching with this blank expression on her face while I was chuckling! Laughed when the guy said "this is a fon don't!" He will be gone soon if he doesn't take the earring out of his ear.
    The hostess reminds me of someone- I'm thinking maybe she was one of the actresses on Joe Schmoe 2? Yes, I thought she was annoying as well. It was quite fun to *go back* and revisit my youth (even though I was pretty young....

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked
    I do believe that "hot" was NOT in our vocabulary back then.

i'm waiting for someone to say "bogue" (not sure how we would spell that!)

I just watched it and I also thought is was very funny being a teen in the 70's (graduated in 77) I could relate. Fondue is good if done right LOL they made it look terrible!

Do you mean Bogus? as in "Man, you are so Bogus" or do you mean Bogart, like "man, stop bogartin that joint"?
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

As a child of the 70's I thought this show was totally far out!!! It's gonna be fun to watch how kids are gonna survivie with only 3-4 channels on TV and no remote control...not to mention no microwave, a rotery phone, giant glass grapes on the coffee table, and the ever popular "Pong"!!!

Yea!!! The Hustle lives!!!!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

I remember refusing to wear anything polyester in the 70's. It was itchy and something my mom and grandmother wore. There were plenty of clothes to choose from without wearing doubleknit polyester. I also don't remember saying groovy or far out. That sounds more like the late 60's. I did learn the hustle in grade school. "That 70's Show" really gets the era with the clothing, etc.. This show is more like a characature of the 70's.
    That being said, I it was fun to watch the "kids" squirm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast