+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SURVIVOR and THE AMAZING RACE Acquired By Smaller Cable Networks

I'm looking forward to seeing all the seasons of Survivor over again, but this part kind of frightens me. Does this mean they'll be edited differently than the original airing?
    No, I think what it means is that, they will run them all in order, but then later, they would run like, "The Best of Survivor", like the "most villianous" like the episode Johnny Fairplay lies about his grandmother, and other things like that.

I don't have GSN.... I want my TAR fix.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dietcokegirl
    What.. no plans to pick up Big Brother?? lol I know that they aren't 'out doors' shows.. but I'd like to watch old episodes again ..
    Same here. I'd especially like to see the early eps of the first Big Brother, since I missed a lot of those. Maybe because there's so many episodes to air that's why no one has picked it up (yet)? Anyway, I'm really excited about TAR. I remember the producers had said one of the reasons they weren't sure about an all star version was because a lot of people hadn't seen the earlier seasons, so I wonder if this will make them decide whether or not to do one. I quit watching GSN after it started airing more reality shows (I never watched Average Joe the first time, and I wasn't going to watch it on re runs either) but I'll be tuning in for TAR.

In addition to airing each season in its entirety, OLN also plans to re-package the programs according to themes like 'Most Villainous Characters' and 'Biggest Twists.'

I'm looking forward to seeing all the seasons of Survivor over again, but this part kind of frightens me. Does this mean they'll be edited differently than the original airing?
    I had the same feeling Qboots. Hopefully it's just specials they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    This sounds like making unique commercials to go along with the season, and point out things to hype the next episode. Maybe they're retooling episodes, but that's quite a bit to do since there are ten seasons of Survivor and seven of TAR.

I think that's great news! I didn't start watching TAR until just a couple of years ago. So, I will get to watch them for the first time.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Thanks for the article Snowie. I'm glad OLN is picking up Survivor and will be running the first series this summer. I was out of the country for the S1 season and have always wanted to watch it in it's entireity.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

GSN is part of a premium package on our cable system and we don't get it. OLN is not even offered.

CCL
    I'm not sure if the Canadian OLN is the same as the American OLN? (Off topic: I've always found it weird that they have a tv channel devoted to things going on outside ie away from the tv.). I don't think they are the same? Ah well, I'm more excited about TAR and I do get GSN!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    GSN is part of a premium package on our cable system and we don't get it. OLN is not even offered.
    Bummer Veejer. I have to admit that the only time I typically watch OLN is during the Tour de France. Now I'll have another reason to watch. I think I get GSN. I'm going to have to check. I didn't see the first couple of episodes of TAR1 and I'm with MrD on hating Flo all over again.

I myself am super excited to finally see the first seasons of TAR, which I didn't catch on to until just recently. So many people had urged me to watch it and told me how great it was for the longest time, and when I finally saw it I felt like kicking myself for not listening all those years.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12