+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Dates: The Gary Coleman Dates

FORT Newbie
    Hello Everyone:

I would like to give my opinion. And like belly buttons, everyone has one. However, everyone that has seen this show with Gary Coleman seems to have the same idea about him. I would like to add a different slant. I believe both his dates disrespected him as a man. Yes, he is not the size of most men. And that's due to health problems. But he is still a man and to have people constantly treat you like a little boy must be frustrating. Not to mention, give you a bit of a dark attitude. This man has had success, but has also been ripped off by his FAMILY. Most of us think, that if no one else cares about us. At least, we have mom and dad. Well, he did not have that. His family and managers took his money. As for attitude, again, most adults do not like to be treated like children. Why couldn't either of those dates showed him some respect as a man? The one girl was using him as a puppet. And didn't even let him walk her to the door. Just she was tired, goodnight. That seems rude to me. As for the things he likes? What's wrong with playing? It keeps most people young. And I am sure if he was a 6'2" man with the same mood and tastes. These girls would have been trying to get his phone number. Is it no longer necessary to try and get to know someone? Realize that they could be as nervous as you and perhaps a lot of their "attitude" comes from being hurt in the past? I am sure I will get interesting replys from this. But I think everyone should look at themselves first and realize it would be nice to know the person inside. Not base your entire opinion on looks or first impressions.

Welcome, thaudon!

I think Gary going on blind dates for a television show, he gets what he gets with no room to complain. But that's a different topic, slightly. The object here was to put him in situations where we could laugh at him, and it worked.

In general, though, Gary suffers from what I've recently named the "Corey Feldman" syndrome. An inability to get over his past, and move on to the present and future without strings attached.

Sure, he had a crappy childhood, he got screwed over by those he thought loved him, he is a short guy which he has no control over. But, he alone is responsible for being happy with himself and where he is NOW, by accepting and forgetting what happened to him THEN.

It's not just celebrities that suffer from CFS - but it seems to be pretty evident in a couple of cases.

FORT Newbie
    Hi John:

Well, I guess everyone can't just "get over it" and move on even if they should. Thanks for the update, I think.

thaudon, I appreciate your comments, and I have a lot of empathy for Gary's situation.

But on the two dates both women tried to engage him in conversation, and he was the person who brought a bad attitude to the first date and outright rudeness to the second date, not the ladies.

His life experience is no excuse for that, and frankly a lot of people have been through a lot worse than he has and still treated others with respect.

Regardless, as John says, if he didn't want to be a spectacle, he shouldn't have put himself out there to be one.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Newbie
    Hi...aparently this is a reality TV board. I don't particularly like reality TV, but I did a search on Gary Coleman and it gave me this post.

I just wanted to say that the reply written by thaudon, who only posted twice since middle February, all on this topic, sounds suspiciously like Gary Coleman writing in himself. Think about it...you know Gary Coleman probably searches for himself on the internet, just to see what people say...I found this post on Yahoo, so it's listed on a pretty well used search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction
    Hi...aparently this is a reality TV board. I don't particularly like reality TV, but I did a search on Gary Coleman and it gave me this post.

I just wanted to say that the reply written by thaudon, who only posted twice since middle February, all on this topic, sounds suspiciously like Gary Coleman writing in himself. Think about it...you know Gary Coleman probably searches for himself on the internet, just to see what people say...I found this post on Yahoo, so it's listed on a pretty well used search engine.
    hmmm, you might have something here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Whatchyou Talkin’ ‘Bout Jordan?

Star Dates, Episode 6
    Featuring: Gary Coleman

The “Normal” Folks

Alison (no last name provided) is a recent college graduate who is now a drama teacher for children. Also 23, she is a tall brunette originally from Encino, California. After college, she moved back in with her mother.
    That's interesting...I went to high school with Alison and she's anything but tall...but I guess that's relative when standing next to Gary Coleman...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12