+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “Queer Eye” Gets Makeover of Its Own

“Queer Eye” Gets Makeover of Its Own

“Queer Eye” Gets Makeover of Its Own

by SnowflakeGirl

FansofRealityTV.com – Looks like the Emmy-winning, Bravo hit "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" has apparently had a little makeover of its very own. Sporting a trimmed-down title and what Bravo is calling "a new emphasis on more emotionally driven storytelling," the cultural phenomenon will return as simply "Queer Eye" when the third season premieres Tuesday, June 7 (10 PM ET/PT).

"The new abbreviated title for the series is a nod to the show's status in the world of pop culture," explains Bravo president, Lauren Zalaznick, "'Queer Eye' has become part of our everyday vernacular." Not to mention fitting a lot more nicely on a schedule grid.

Carson Kressley, Jai Rodriguez, Kyan Douglas, Thom Filicia and Ted Allen will all be back, and as a special start to the new season, will work their magic on members of the world famous Boston Red Sox (Kevin Millar, Johnny Damon, Jason Varitek, Tim Wakefield and Doug Mirabelli) in order to "reverse their curse of bad style." The Fab 5 redefine the concept of "spring training" when they transform the stadium press room into a spa and equip each player with a whole new look and an assortment of services (including massages, pedicures, hair color, and even a little hot wax manscaping). Our Queer Eye guys will also team up with the players' wives (Jeanna Millar, Michelle Damon, Karen Varitek, Stacy Wakefield and Kristin Mirabelli) to help the local community raise funds for little leaguers hoping to re-build hurricane-ravaged baseball fields in their home state of Florida. What the little leaguers don’t know is that they’ll also get the opportunity of their lives: a chance to play a couple of innings with the Red Sox and the Fab 5! (What, no pedicures for the kiddies?)

For the rest of the season, the Fab 5 will continue on their quest to help style-challenged straight men, with episodes that Bravo promises will move the audience laughter and tears. "We've put the spotlight on some intriguing subjects this season, ordinary people who've done extraordinary deeds as well as people who have an amazing outlook on life, but a challengingly poor sense of style," such as: Lee, a stay-at-home father to eight foster children; Hector, an injured veteran home from Iraq, adjusting to life in a wheelchair; Paulo, papa to 2-year-old quintuplets; and Gary, a cystic fibrosis survivor who, despite medical odds, is about to celebrate his 40th birthday with the help of friend, Boomer Esiason.

Will the "Queer Eye" makeover help boost the series’ flagging ratings? Tune in next Tuesday to see if you like the new look.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I loved this show when it first came out because of the guys' sense of humor with a light touch of sappiness at the end. I enjoyed it more when the straight guys' events didn't work out quite as planned. Then it became really predictable and boring. Now it sounds like they're cranking up the sap factor. Blech.

It's a shame, too. I really enjoyed this show when it first came out, but it's run its course.

"All things" don't always get better. In fact, after two or three episodes, most people realize "all things" are a gimmick and a waste of bandwidth on television.

Thanks for the heads-up, Snowflakegirl.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    another thing is that it was hard to watch when they bounced it around during the second season and then of course, up against "the shield" and i can only record one while at work.

So now it's turning into a cross between Queer Eye and Extreme Makeover:Home Edition where the subject of the make-over has to have some hard luck/inspiring story? I'll second that "Blech," sleepysluggo.

These shows never have a very long shelf-life. When will the networks get that?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    I loved this show when it first came out because of the guys' sense of humor with a light touch of sappiness at the end. I enjoyed it more when the straight guys' events didn't work out quite as planned. Then it became really predictable and boring. Now it sounds like they're cranking up the sap factor. Blech.

It's a shame, too. I really enjoyed this show when it first came out, but it's run its course.
    BLEECH is right. Shows over boys *snaps*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    OK, so I'm the only person left on the planet that still likes this show. I especially love their Hip Tips.

Here I sit..........all alone and feelin' blue..........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    OK, so I'm the only person left on the planet that still likes this show. I especially love their Hip Tips.

Don't feel too bad, prhoshay. I was taken apart the last time I mentioned that I (used to) like 7th Heaven and The West Wing.

Like what you want to like, do what you want to do, even if no one else agrees with you.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    No worries here!! I'm not up on the bridge yet!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay

Ive always liked this show. But im not sure which network will be airing it.

Now I know to always hang sweaters with wooden hangers not plastic ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast