+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CBS Announces Names of "Rock Star: INXS" Finalists.

CBS Announces Names of "Rock Star: INXS" Finalists.

CBS Announces Names of “Rock Star: INXS” Finalists.

by fluff
    Fans of Reality tv--

Although his legions of fans likely think it an impossible task, the hunt is on to find a replacement for late INXS front man Michael Hutchence.

“Rock Star: INXS” which debuts on Monday, July 11, with an hour long opener, follows the fortunes of 15 musicians hoping to fill Hutchence’s shoes.
    Jane’s Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke of “Wild On’ will host the show which will play on three consecutive nights in it’s first week.
    The Monday premiere is followed by another hour-long episode at 10pm ET on Tuesday, July 12, with a shorter half hour show beginning at 9.30pm ET on Wednesday, July 13.

The show then slots into it’s regular place in the CBS summer schedule, still thrice weekly, but with the Monday edition scheduled to run between 9.30 and 10pm ET , commencing July 18.

“Rock Star: INXS” looks set to provide Executive Producer Mark Burnett, the brains behind classics of the reality genre such as Survivor and The Apprentice and the criminally overlooked The Contender, with yet another hit.
    INXS managers David Edwards and Michael Murchison are also credited as Executive Producers.

The fifteen finalists are –
    MiG AYESA, 35
    London, England (born in Manila, raised in Sydney, Australia)
    Musician/Actor, Married

BRANDON CALHOON, 31
    Beaverton, Mich. (just relocated to Hermosa Beach, Calif.)
    Musician/Recruiter, Girlfriend

NEAL CARLSON, 29
    Queens, N.Y.
    Musician/Administrative Assistant, Married

MARTY CASEY, 31
    Chicago
    Musician/Real Estate Appraiser, Single

DAPHNA DOVE, 29
    Los Angeles (born in Germany, raised in New York City)
    Musician/Legal Secretary, Single

J.D. FORTUNE, 31
    Oakville, Ontario (originally from Nova Scotia)
    Musician , Single

DEANNA JOHNSTON, 36
    Reseda, Calif. (originally from Kingston, Ontario)
    Musician, Married

SUZIE McNEIL, 28
    Toronto, Ontario
    Musician, Boyfriend

DANA ROBBINS, 30
    Studio City, Calif. (originally from Las Vegas)
    Musician/Dancer/Yoga Instructor/Bartender, Single

JESSICA ROBINSON, 25
    Chicago
    Musician/Barista, Engaged

HEATHER LUTTRELL, 27
    Atlanta
    Musician/Painter, Single

WIL SEABROOK, 28
    Pasadena, Calif. (originally from N.C.)
    Musician, Engaged

TARA SLONE, 31
    Toronto, Ontario
    Musician/Actor, Single

TY TAYLOR, 36
    Las Vegas (originally from Montclair, NJ)
    Musician/Actor, Single

JORDIS UNGA, 22
    St. Paul, Minn.
    Musician/Bartender, Boyfriend

The successful contestant will become the lead singer of the internationally renowned band INXS and embark on a worldwide concert tour with the band and perform on their new album.

The fifteen hopefuls will share a home in the Hollywood Hills.
    The show will follow a weekly format of taped segments detailing the contestants relationships and activities during the week on Monday, the Tuesday show will be reserved for performances with the result of the vote-off being revealed on the Wednesday edition.

The successful contestant will take his or her spot as the lead singer or world renowned rock band INXS, joining them on their new album and fronting a worldwide schedule of tour dates.

FORT Newbie
    I recognise one of these names. Tara Slone is the lead singer of Joydrop, a Canadian rock band. Very cool. I believe they have two albums out so far.

She also acted as Birkoff's girlfriend in a couple of episodes of La Femme Nikita and probably wants to forget Night of the Demons 3 (done way before Joydrop).

The thing is, no matter who they pick, they'll never find someone to replace Michael. I'm not sure if I'll watch. It might just be too sad. Just like John Lennon years before, I remember exactly where I was when I heard of Michael's death.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread