+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Twiggy Replaces Dickinson on Judging Panel.

Twiggy Replaces Dickinson on Judging Panel.

Dickinson Out, Twiggy In.

by fluff
    Fans of Reality TV -

Larger than life supermodel Janice Dickinson will not reprise her role as a panel judge for the fifth installment of UPN’s reality hit, America’s Next Top Model.

Dickinson was regularly the most outspoken judge through the first four seasons, often drawing criticism from her fellow judges for her harsh critiques of the plus-sized contestants in particular.
    She leaves the show to pursue other projects, including VH-1’s next series of “The Surreal Life”, where she will share a plush pad with a host of other celebrities including reality show villainess Omarosa Manigault-Stalworth. She also has a TV production deal bubbling and is working on a new book.

Dickinson will be replaced by Supermodel and 60’s icon Twiggy.
    Twiggy appeared on the covers of many of the biggest fashion magazines around the world during a career that started with her becoming the world’s first teenage Supermodel.
    ANTM Executive Producer Ken Mok expressed his delight that Twiggy will be joining the panel, along with runway expert and ANTM regular J. Alexander. "With Twiggy and the addition of runway expert J. Alexander as judges, we're guaranteed to have some lively judging sessions” said Mok.

His sense of humour, killer walk and spot on insights into the fashion world have made J. Alexander, lovingly referred to as “Miss J.”, a fan favourite through the first four cycles of ANTM.
    Miss J began his career walking the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier in New York and after settling in Paris has become the “go to guy” within the industry for coaching runway models.
    Renowned fashion photographer Nigel Barker will return for the fifth cycle and fans can expect as always to see a range of industry experts joining the panel as guest judges each week.

Sad to see Janice go. I'm sure Twiggy won't have Janice's sass.

Fortunately, with Miss J. joining the panel, we'll have plenty of attitude. Love me some Miss J.

I see nothing about Nole. I wonder if that means he's out too.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

for Miss J! It is about time he joins the panel! Sad to see Janice go, I doubt the will go farther elsewhere.

Great article Fluff!

Fort Member
    Janice makes the show. Her facial expressions and comments are one of the reasons I enjoy watching it so much. I will miss her. I cant see Twiggy filling her shoes. Miss J will be a good replacement in the facial and vocal expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    Janice makes the show. Her facial expressions and comments are one of the reasons I enjoy watching it so much. I will miss her. I cant see Twiggy filling her shoes. Miss J will be a good replacement in the facial and vocal expressions.
    Although Janice was funny, Im glad to see Twiggy on board. Im sure she'll be able to give some good constructive crtisism, without being nasty.

So glad Ms. Jay is joining, (s)he is absolutely hilairious.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I adore Twiggy, but I'm not so sure that she is really suited to fill Janice's shoes. I think that Iman would have been a better replacement, as I know she would be able to just break it down for the contestants.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

CCL
    I don't know that Janice "left to pursue other projects" as much as she was pushed out by Tyra (or left because of Tyra). Often the little barbs they threw at eachother didn't really seem like they were just in fun. Only room for one diva on the judging panel.
    Glad Miss J is going to be on the judging panel.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I don't know that Janice "left to pursue other projects" as much as she was pushed out by Tyra (or left because of Tyra). Often the little barbs they threw at eachother didn't really seem like they were just in fun. Only room for one diva on the judging panel.
    Glad Miss J is going to be on the judging panel.
    I got that feeling too, CCL. Plus, are they trying to make us believe that The Surreal Life is a sign of Janice moving on to bigger and better things? As far as I know, they shoot that show over the course of two weeks tops. Nah, I think Tyra didn't want any competition.

I'll miss Janice. She's delightfully lacking in any sort modesty. Twiggy will bring a totally different vibe. From everything I've seen though, she is a sweet woman and was a supermodel WAY before Janice.

Love Miss J!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agre that I'll miss Janice, but snagging Twiggy was certainly a coup for Tyra.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Twiggy! Wow. Are we sure this isn't a practical joke?

I can't imagine the show without Janice, though. I've grown to like her and respect her opinions over the last 2-3 cycles.

But replacing Nolé with J. is perfection.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast