+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Twiggy Replaces Dickinson on Judging Panel.

Bye Bye Janice!

I'll miss Janice so much. She was like the spunk of the show. ANTM will definitely not be complete without my fave judge.
    ~*~America's Next Top Model's Best~*~

Katie + Catie + Amanda + Kahlen

Hmmm... I wonder how they'll introduce Twiggy since Janice already took the title of "THE World's First Supermodel"...

Maybe Tyra will say it like this: "And you all know our panel of judges... Twiggy, the world's first supermodel before Janice"

FORT Regular
    ^ haha. Exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe "The world's first anorexia-inspiring supermodel."

Seriously, though, I am very fond of Twiggy's work from the 60s. I simply cannot imagine how she can replace Janice in the ANTM format, though. The only moments of levity will have to be provided by Miss Jay.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

she is the 1st super model, they made Janice stop saying she was the 1st mid way through cycle 4. I hated janice, and Im glad shes gone. Twiggy will be a breath of fresh air, plus shes short, so she will be able to squash that your to short stuff.

CCL
    Well, there were "supermodels" before Twiggy, too. Janice was rather witchy and I'm not particularly sad to see her go. The only times I have seen Twiggy she has been supernice. That's not a bad thing, but I hope it doesn't mean that she will be the equivalent of ever-gushing Paula Abdul on ANTM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

From this week's TV Guide, June 19-25, 2005. I'm typing it verbatim so I don't have a link or anything.

""Janice Sticks Around.
    When we heard Janice Dickinson was being replaced on AMTM by '60's icon Twiggy, we were devastated. Top Model without Janice? That's like Paris Hilton without Tinkerbell. We got right on the phone with the World's First Supermodel(tm), who says reports of her demise have been greatly exaggerated. "I quit the show, but I'm back on it," Dickinson explains. But she'll no longer be a judge. "I'll be on in a different capacity. I was hired to be the Simon Cowell of the show and I fulfilled [that obligation]. Now I'm free to do [other] stuff and, trust me, the calls are coming in at a rapid rate. I'm a hot property."
    The temperature starts rising July 10 with VH1's The Surreal Life, in which Dickinson bunks with professional reality villain Omarosa Manigault Stallworth. "I didn't want to do Surreal Life at first because hopping into a Jacuzzi and having sex on air isn't my cup of tea," she says. "But I will blow your mind without having to do the nasty-nasty. La Janice isn't crazy-she just has a lot of spirit." Also due: two books, a one-woman Broadway show and more reality TV. Just call her the World's Most Ubiquitous First Supermodel(tm). - Ali Gazan.""
    Last edited by karen14; 06-17-2005 at 08:04 PM.

as what though?

I'm off college break and just watched my friend's marathon tapes of America's Next Top Model 3 straight through-ALL DAY. [i did catch some of ANTM4 some of the time, but it didn't grab me]

So I was totally shocked to hear that Janice is not coming back but that Twiggy is replacing her??? who is she.... whoever she is she couldn't have the Sass and Class of Ms. Janice.

SHE'S AWESOME...I just got finished reading her book "Everything About Me is Fake...And I'm Perfect!" This book made me laugh out loud. I couldn't put it down. People would come up to me and ask me what I'm reading because I would have this big smile on my face or I would just crack up out loud on the bus or train.

If I caught ANTM4, it was just to catch her remarks at the panel. Janice is my girl!

I also think ANTM 3 had some of the best girls in one group: Toccara, Amanda, Nicole, Eva, Jennipher, Kelle, Ann and my Favorite, Favorite - Yaya.

And Janice would really rip into them or help them, but she was always on target and REAL. [I felt Tyra was FAKE] JANICE WAS REFRESHING....ANTM NEEDS HER.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Will2005
    she is the 1st super model, they made Janice stop saying she was the 1st mid way through cycle 4. I hated janice, and Im glad shes gone. Twiggy will be a breath of fresh air, plus shes short, so she will be able to squash that your to short stuff.
    She is short, but she was incredible skinny (31AA-22-32 at age 17) when she was a model, which made her proportions work. Kate Moss is the same.

Her most recent measurements (36B-20-33 measured in 1986) were still very good. I wonder if she got her breast from child birth, or if she paid for them.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast