+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Deadliest Catch

I wish I'd have mentioned this sooner so others might appreciate this Discovery Channel show....especially since I just found out that it's only a 10 episode series and I believe they're through 8 of them already. It covers the stories of different sets of Alaskan crab fishermen through different crabbing seasons. The main info page is at http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/de...out/about.html

It's been one of the shows that I look most forward to each week, heck it makes me want to head up north and actually try it. I know that I could never do the job, but shoot if it doesn't seem interesting to me...if only it weren't bad luck to have a woman onboard the boats. In all reality though, I'm not so sure that I'd be willing to risk as much as these men do for their jobs.

Deadliest Catch airs on Discovery Channel on Tuesday nights with a replay of the previous week's episode from 8-9 and a new episode from 9-10 (repeats from 11pm-1am). Has anybody else out there been watching this and is as captivated as I am with it?

JR.
    I've been watching this too. I don't know how those guys do it...I could never.

It definitely makes me appreciate those crab legs I love to wolf down a whole lot more! I could never do their job.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I wish I'd have mentioned this sooner so others might appreciate this Discovery Channel show....especially since I just found out that it's only a 10 episode series and I believe they're through 8 of them already. It covers the stories of different sets of Alaskan crab fishermen through different crabbing seasons. The main info page is at http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/de...out/about.html

It's been one of the shows that I look most forward to each week, heck it makes me want to head up north and actually try it. I know that I could never do the job, but shoot if it doesn't seem interesting to me...if only it weren't bad luck to have a woman onboard the boats. In all reality though, I'm not so sure that I'd be willing to risk as much as these men do for their jobs.

Deadliest Catch airs on Discovery Channel on Tuesday nights with a replay of the previous week's episode from 8-9 and a new episode from 9-10 (repeats from 11pm-1am). Has anybody else out there been watching this and is as captivated as I am with it?
    I am glad they did this. They have done a 3-part series. Each episode featured a different crab season. I was in awe...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

If there's anyone planning to stay in on Monday and just hang out, there's a Memorial Day marathon of Deadliest Catch that's beginning at 9am. Just thought I'd give the heads up on it.

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    My husband and I just caught a few episodes of this show last night. It's amazing. I can;t believe that people actually do this!!! It's crazy, but so interesting to watch. How long is the actual crab season?? Isn't it really short?

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki
    How long is the actual crab season?? Isn't it really short?
    From what I understand, there is a weight limit that applies to the entire fleet. It could last a few days to a few weeks.

Premium Member
    We've been watching this too. Mr. Marleybone has not missed a single episode. It looks like a miserable job, freezing cold and wet most of the time, plus they get very little sleep.

I've gotten hooked on this too. I've missed a few episodes though dangit. I must say I have a new appreciation to the those guys and will think of them the next time I'm eating delicious crab legs!!

This show puts me on the edge of my seat! I worked in Alaska for a summer. It's definitely a boys' playground, which made it easy -- or very hard -- being a girl. I had no idea these guys worked that hard.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 123456789101151 ... LastLast