+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 44848586878889909192939495 LastLast
Like Tree384Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Deadliest Catch

But the fact that all the other deckhands - including Keith's own brother - thought Keith overreacted can't be ignored. Keith's action didn't do much to engender loyalty from the remaining deckhands; fear of being fired for little infractions doesn't build loyalty - it builds fear.
    Declan likes this.
    I'm Paula.

But that's just it...us viewers aren't privy to everything going on. We saw what producers chose to show. IF that's all that happened, then yes, Keith over-reacted. It's hard to say though if he over-reacted just going on what we were shown.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

A friend of mine wrote this on another discussion board, and I agree.
    Hint, Keith, when a more powerful person is physically intimidating a subordinate, the subordinate looking away isn't disrespect, it's submission. Keep going in after that and you're an assh*le. If he had looked you in the eye you would have said he was challenging you, and fired him for that.

Hope that guy ends up with Sean or Jake.

A simple "Hey, everybody, earphones OFF while the crane's running" over the loud hailer would have sufficed... IF that was the real reason for going out on deck.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 05-12-2017 at 07:53 AM.
    Declan likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I saw the subordinate, or deckhand, walking away..as his captain was talking. I think looking away isn't submission. It's still disrespect. Keith has an awful temper, yes. I'm still not sure he would have fired this guy had he not walked away from his captain/boss as he was talking to him. Would a message over the loud speaker have sufficed? Probably. The fact Keith went down on deck to talk to a deckhand who walked away from him was the deckhand's downfall.

At the end of the day this is a boat with a hierarchy which is pretty much written in stone. When your captain or deck boss talks to you, you stop what you're doing and look at them and listen. He may have over reacted in this situation but there could be a whole history of such behavior. It's not necessarily about respect either. It's about safety. It's the captain's job to get you back alive and make you money. It's your job to listen.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    At the end of the day this is a boat with a hierarchy which is pretty much written in stone. When your captain or deck boss talks to you, you stop what you're doing and look at them and listen. He may have over reacted in this situation but there could be a whole history of such behavior. It's not necessarily about respect either. It's about safety. It's the captain's job to get you back alive and make you money. It's your job to listen.
    How is standing there staring lovingly into the Captain's eyes safe on a deck with pots flying about?

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Exactly!
    causingchaos likes this.

Did you know Capt. Bill's son, Zack, got married? He and his bride make a really beautiful couple.

Nick went to rehab. Good for him. He's a lot smarter than Jake Harris.
    I'm Paula.

I was so so relieved to hear Jake and Jenna's baby is going to be alright! They seem like a really happy couple.

+ Reply to Thread