+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Deadliest Catch

I was reading threads and happened on this one. Hooray - WOW! I turned on the TV to catch the last four shows of last season and the first show of this season. I'm hooked. What made it even more interesting was that I had just seen the Kevin Kostner movie about the Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers based in Kodiak. At least the swimmer didn't have to jump into the water, but it was scary enough to be lowered to the boat's deck.

And you're right about getting hooked on the characters. The Northwestern's rookie hasn't even begun to be punk'd yet. LOL! Jeez, one gets a very visceral reminder of the power of the sea. I had to keep reminding myself to breath when they faced the storm.

My new Tuesday night viewing has been set. Thanks for the heads up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!

I enjoy watching Sig and the Northwestern because not only is Sig a smart fisherman and fantastic Captain, but Edgar is funny as hell, and I find that the viewers knowing Matt's struggles makes it all the more meaningful to watch him work it out and leave it behind on land.

On the other hand, I love the Harris clan on the Cornelia Marie, too. Phil's dialogue is bleeped so often! I like the father/son dynamic between Phil and Jake (Josh not so much), because as much as Phil claims to be a hardass and that he leaves the father stuff on land, he's still gooey and gushy with pride when it comes to Jake's accomplishments. He blusters in the wheelhouse, but it all flies out the window when he handles Jake face to face.

Watched 10 hours of the marathon yesterday and still cringed and cried a bit when Jonathan rescued Josh White. Russell's description of him saying "I don't want to die" over and over as he was being rescued reduces me to tears.

My favorite line was when Phil shaved and Jake told him he was "a hottie with a naughty body."

I love the show I just started watching and now I'm hooked
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

I find it odd that the captains keep getting called away to attend to urgent matters, while they just so happen to be in port. Andy was the second this season.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I just LOVE this series! I watch it over and over--I am captivated! I like the interaction between the crew members, and love the differences between the captains. What a hard way to make a living! No wonder these guys are often single or divorced.
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by SheltieMom;2445672;
    I just LOVE this series! I watch it over and over--I am captivated! I like the interaction between the crew members, and love the differences between the captains. What a hard way to make a living! No wonder these guys are often single or divorced.

But they're only gone for a few weeks at a time, so I don't think that's the reason that they are single or divorced (JMO). Half of the marriages in this country end in divorce anyway, regardless of what someone's job is.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Another season has passed. It is unfortunate that they can't even start filming the next season until October.

I guess i am back to repeats and wondering if the crab I am eating came off the Northwestern, Time Bandidt or another boat on the show
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Was it Sig's wife that have her tongue pierced in season final episode? She's a hottie alright!

Quote Originally Posted by Nghe;2447009;
    Was it Sig's wife that have her tongue pierced in season final episode? She's a hottie alright!
    I think that was his daughter. His wife also has blonde hair, not that rewound my TiVo to check her out because I'm totally jealous or anything.

I hope you're all gearing up...the new season starts next Tuesday, April 15 at 9PM! There are two new episodes being shown (two hours). And if you're kinda silly like me, there seems to be a marathon on the weekend before (I think it's Sunday the 13th).

+ Reply to Thread