+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Deadliest Catch

We saw the Time Bandit yesterday in Ketchikan. What a thrill. We also met Captain Derrick Ray, who took over the Cornelia Marie after Phil Harris died. He didn't have anything good to say about Elliott, other than the obvious comment that he has some MAJOR issues.

It was a wonderful day for us Deadliest Catch fans!
    mom2, momrek06 and scoot13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We saw the Time Bandit yesterday in Ketchikan. What a thrill. We also met Captain Derrick Ray, who took over the Cornelia Marie after Phil Harris died. He didn't have anything good to say about Elliott, other than the obvious comment that he has some MAJOR issues.

It was a wonderful day for us Deadliest Catch fans!
    OMG, AZ, that is just so AWESOME!!!!

You are having so much fun on your Cruise!!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

It was good to see John back on the Time Bandit. After watching The Bait, I have to wonder why Andy isn't giving Scotty Hillstrand more of a chance to learn the wheelhouse. He's been on a boat, as he said, for 16 years.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I thinking more and more that Andy H has some issues that have grown as he ages, and definitely with Scotty, who was stellar about helping the Cornelia Marie this week.

Almost every season we've seen Andy leave for a time to deal with "personal and/or business issues," usually briefly. We've never been told what any of them are and that makes me wonder. Nothing seems to be off the able with the others. Something just hasn't seemed the same with Andy for the past couple of seasons.

Of course, it might just be my imagination.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I got the impression Scotty only fishes King Crab and Opies, when the cameras are there. Andy thinks he should be there for all seasons, like they were at his age and position.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

You could be right, mom2. I also think that Andy might have some issues with John's reckless behavior, which wasn't a problem when he was young. Now that he's older, John seems be getting badly hurt quite often and maybe Andy thinks John behaves irresponsibly and he's taking it out on Scotty. I don't really know, of course, but it will be interesting to see how it develops next season.
    mom2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I finally got around to watching the two-hour finale, and must say I was very impressed with Scotty Hillstrand for helping out the Cornelia Marie the way he did. I think Scotty seems like a good-hearted young man. I think he's a lot like his dad John, in that way. I think either one of them would give you the shirt off their back, if needed. I've noticed when the going gets rough for any of the boats or the fishermen themselves, Time Bandit is usually there to help. I remember when John was there also for The Harris boys when they lost their father.
    Florimel and causingchaos like this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I was watching the episode where Elliot brings his girlfriend on the boat. I'm assuming that's not the one he was making obsessive harassing phone calls to in a past season (maybe last season). I haven't been able to catch most of the episodes this season but when watching this one I was chattering away to my mom about who actually chooses to be on his boat long term? I mean some of the other boats that are consistent with catches, get out on time, not a hot mess... where you have a good chance to make a decent paycheck I would think would be preferred. So how does he even have a crew? Is it like people that are passing through to go on to bigger better boats after getting their feet wet? Or people who were too much of a mess for other boats? That's what I don't get. The crew generally looked disgusted when he brought the girl on with him but at the same time that they didn't have much choice but to be with Elliot which I realize at that late hour they really didn't.

No, the new girl that he brought on his boat was not Val, the mother of his children. This was at the same time he had his attorney fighting for shared custody and the removal of Val's restraining order. He got both and I think that judge should not be on the bench. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to fast forward through everything Elliott.

As for his crew, I'd guess he takes what he can get and they take a boat that will have them. Most of the established boats seem to retain their crew and if they have to replace someone, they choose carefully. Even Keith, whom I've never liked, seems to have a bunch of loyal deckhards, except for his greenhorns.
    causingchaos likes this.

Wow he lost that restraining order on him? His behavior was really kind of scary from what was shown on TV. I can't imagine in real live what it would be like being his object of obsession like that.

Really my favorites are the Time Bandit guys.

Though I thought from what I saw of Sig's daughter this year I really liked her too and hope she sticks with something fishing instead of just using this to step into bigger better media sorts of things.

+ Reply to Thread