+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2161626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

Elliot having that girl on the Vessel was so wrong in so many ways.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Elliot having that girl on the Vessel was so wrong in so many ways.
    That could be said for almost everything Elliot says and does.

Deadliest Catch has disappointed me by continuing to have Elliot on the show. I don't find his antics amusing or entertaining or interesting or anything other than bordering on the psychotic. I don't see why any of his crew continues to said with him unless they can't get jobs elsewhere.
    mom2, billca and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

I certainly would NOT want to have to depend on Elliot in any kind of a situation when a cool head is called for, especially when it's life and death!
    He's the poster child for arrested development. His behaviors and reactions seem like those of a t'ween who has not yet learned anything about self control - and to be honest, in my experience, most t'weens are more self possessed than Elliot is.

I don't remember hearing how young Elliot might have been when he first began using drugs and/or alcohol but I can't help wondering if that was where his maturity level went off the rails and got stuck.
    mom2 likes this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

He said something about being 16 and earning $100,000 a year on a crab boat, and insinuated that it was having that much money that started him down the wrong path. Yeah, 'cause there weren't any churches or charities where he could have dropped off some money on the way to buying drugs and booze?

If the day comes when there is a fatality on any of the boats on Deadliest Catch, I fully expect it to be on Elliott's boat . . . and it'll happen because he's being "serviced" in the wheelhouse by the cook/cleaning lady.

I'm going to be in Alaska next week, and we're doing a trip on the Aleutian Ballad. Some of the guys on the Ballad were on early seasons of Deadliest Catch. If I get a chance, I'm going to ask if they know Elliott, and what they think of him. When I've spoken to people in the crab industry in Alaska before, they have said wonderful things about Sig Hansen and the Hillstrand boys. Not so much when it came to Keith and Elliott.
    Florimel likes this.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Ok.. I'm watching the episode where Elliot's girlfriend cooked the potpie. I'm SO bothered at her.. she KNEW that he was lactose intolerant, even said so to the cameraman. What does she do?? Pour tons of milk into it. What a total jerk!
    Not only that, she proceeded to laugh about it when she was sitting up there, listening to how miserable he was on deck. omg, I'm just so bothered with her... it's not funny, you jerk.
    Lets not even THINK about the fact that there is minus one man on the deck now because she wants to disregard his allergy to milk.

Arghhh....

march, mom2, marauder and 1 others like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Elliott's seahag is a good match for him - poop seeks it's own level, eh?

Major props to Mandy - seeing her muscle through a 48 hr pull was pretty darned amazing!
    The next time one of the greenhorns starts to get all pouty and whiny on ANY of these boats, threatening to take to their bunk and quit the job, leaving the rest of the crew short-handed and in the lurch -'cuz it's just not fun, boohoo - I hope to hell that someone gets right up in their face and says "Shut The F Up! An 18 year old girl did it, ya big, dumb crybaby!"
    Florimel and causingchaos like this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Quote Originally Posted by Fo'Realz? View Post
    Elliott's seahag is a good match for him - poop seeks it's own level, eh?

Major props to Mandy - seeing her muscle through a 48 hr pull was pretty darned amazing!
    The next time one of the greenhorns starts to get all pouty and whiny on ANY of these boats, threatening to take to their bunk and quit the job, leaving the rest of the crew short-handed and in the lurch -'cuz it's just not fun, boohoo - I hope to hell that someone gets right up in their face and says "Shut The F Up! An 18 year old girl did it, ya big, dumb crybaby!"
    Well, what woman with one working brain cell would choose Elliott as a boyfriend to begin with? The very thought makes me shudder.

I completely agree about Mandy. She did her father, her family, and the rest of the crew proud. I tend to believe her when she says that one day she'll be a regular part of the crew. She performed better than 90% of the greenhorns and would be an asset to any ship. Sig does seem able to pick the best greenhorns and then help them get better. The smile on his face said it all.
    causingchaos and Fo'Realz? like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I can't believe tomorrow night's show is the 2-hour finale, already. How many think Mandy Hansen will be back next season?
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Yep, She'll be back I'm sure.

Next season, no Elliott PLEASE!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I think Mandy will be back. Putting aside the fact that it seems to be in her blood and she performed as one of the best of the greenhorns, she offers too much good tv to this show. I love it and will continue to watch it as along as it's around, but it is aging and she bring a lot to the table and like her dad and Edgar, she's personable. Only way she won't be back in my opinion is if she's offered something better in tv.

I've hoped to see the last of Elliott since his first season.
    mom2 and momrek06 like this.

+ Reply to Thread