+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 206061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Deadliest Catch

Kind of felt sorry for Jake Anderson last night. He's always felt like Sig was a second father to him, but he saw what it's like when Sig's REAL child is on board. She does some baiting, then gets called up to the wheelhouse to set her own string. Didn't look like any of the rest of the crew was excited about the special treatment . . . which is understandable . . . but so is it understandable the captain's daughter got that type of treatment. Captains Phil and Bill sure weren't that nice to their sons.

And it looks like Elliott is back up to his old tricks next week. "If the Saga is rockin', don't come a-knockin'" . . .

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Kind of felt sorry for Jake Anderson last night. He's always felt like Sig was a second father to him, but he saw what it's like when Sig's REAL child is on board. She does some baiting, then gets called up to the wheelhouse to set her own string. Didn't look like any of the rest of the crew was excited about the special treatment . . . which is understandable . . . but so is it understandable the captain's daughter got that type of treatment. Captains Phil and Bill sure weren't that nice to their sons.

And it looks like Elliott is back up to his old tricks next week. "If the Saga is rockin', don't come a-knockin'" . . .
    I think Sig is giving Mandy a taste of all the workings of the boat because he figures it's the first and last time she'll ever be on it.
    AZChristian likes this.

Or, Sig is showing Mandy all "the ropes" so she will see how much is involved in the crabbing business. He's giving her a fair chance by showing her the ropes, but I think the daddy in him thinks crabbing is a difficult hard job for her.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Or, Sig is showing Mandy all "the ropes" so she will see how much is involved in the crabbing business. He's giving her a fair chance by showing her the ropes, but I think the daddy in him thinks crabbing is a difficult hard job for her.
    Physically, I don't think she is strong enough. IMO that's why he called her up to the cabin. Not only that, I think it's too stressful for him to have to worry about the handling the ship and her safety. He already has both Norman and Edgar's lives to be concerned about and they are seasoned fisherman.

I doubt she'll be back as a crew member next season.

I have no idea if she'll be back again. She may opt for college or for fishing somewhere other than the Bering Sea. However, she is a greenhorn and compared to many we've seen on all the boats, she seems to be holding her own.

In any event, she'll be interesting to watch this season. I can't say the same for Elliot bringing Valerie on board, but I always fast forward through him anyway and always will. Wish I understood why they keep him on the show. The show does not need his antics to be entertaining and never has.
    AZChristian and Fo'Realz? like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Add It Up Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

I can't shake a nagging suspicion that Mandy might be just a tiny bit less interested in getting onto the Northwestern crew if it there was no reality TV aspect. ?

With that said, I gotta give her some sincere props, I think she really is a tough cookie and she seems to be willing to do the dirty jobs and give it her best with good humor and little complaint - but, still - I dunno, I find myself wondering if those cameras, and all that goes with being the first daughter to step into the role of heir-to-the-Captain's-Chair, aren't part of the attraction? Is it just me, have I become too skeptical, imagining that virtually all of these reality show folks have got a case of famelust?
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I don't know. She's been fishing every summer for years now on a salmon boat and doing all the hard work that goes with it. No camera there until this season when they showed her and Edgar's son working there before introducing us to her on Catch. She seemed a little more capable and interested in the job than he did.

The older captains, Sig, Jonathan, Andy, Keith, and even Wild Bill to a degree, have all become very tv savvy over the years. So have a few of the deckhands or deck bosses, like Edgar and Mike Fortner. It's certainly a better gig for Fortner than when he left for a year to take a job as a postal delvery person.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I miss seeing Mike Fourtner on the Time Bandit. I can certainly understand why he took the time off he did with the addition of his twin girls, but I still wonder if he will ever return to crab fishing.
    mom2 likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I really thought it was impossible for me to dislike Elliott more than I already did. Last night's episode proved I was wrong.
    mom2 and Florimel like this.

Can. Not. Stand. Elliott.
    He's just creepy and if I cared about what he said I would need subtitles. He is slimy. Never thought I would dislke someone more than Keith.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread