+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

FORT Newbie

Re: Deadliest Catch

I spent some time in Taos New Mexico, and it's a FABULOUS place...very eclectic & artsy. Elliot, naturally, wouldn't like it there.. he needs a heroin environment. Taos should be visited by everyone imHo.. beautiful place.
    AZChristian likes this.

All I really know about Taos is that it was the home town of Marshall Sam McCloud in the tv series McCloud starring Dennis Weaver. I really liked that show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have watched DC since season 1!

That being said I really do not like all this personal family DRAMA that Elliott has brought to the show at all. (Divorce, back child support, cheating, Alaska State Troopers looking for him etc)
    I hope he goes to rehab and gets the help he needs and IF he returns please just make it about crabbing and nothing more.
    The nonsense this season with Capt Bill and his greenhorn was annoying! The kid hated being there and every single episode we had to see it played out with Bill and Kelly until they docked and Kelly left and went off to deal with his WARRANT! Gawd. Ugh.

What does any of that above ^^^^ have to do with crab fishing?
    The viewers don't need to be subjected to that nonsense!

PLEASE Deadliest Catch, just get back to showing us CRAB FISHING PERIOD!

I did not have issue with Junior and his back and I hope and pray he is on the road to recovery!
    KAREN

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Listening to that little turd Elliot blame his relapse on Val, just makes me want to kick his butt 'til his brain starts to work again.
    Last edited by Fo'Realz?; 06-06-2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: because spelling counts *blush*
    mom2, Florimel and momrek06 like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm not sure there's enough time in all of eternity for him to "get it" . . . even with your so accurately written description of what it'll take.

BTW . . . !!!!!!
    Florimel and momrek06 like this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Thanks for the welcome, AZChristian

I'm afraid, for Elliot's sake (and for the sake of his children, even more so), that you are probably right. Sadly, nothing about his early steps into this rehab effort look too promising. He is in such deep denial about everything, including his own part in it - but I guess that is the case for a big percentage of the folks that check into that facility, so maybe they are well prepared to knock some of his walls down.
    mom2 and AZChristian like this.

I'm not at all interested in Elliot or his life. In ten seasons, I have never used fast forward on this show, except now when they focus on him.

Jake Harris, who had many of the same problems with addiction, was much more watchable and easier to relate to. I hope he can recover at some point. So, for that matter, are Edgar, Matt Bradley, and several others on the show who have struggled with and overcome addictions. None of them blamed it on a woman in their lives. Any sympathy I have lies only with Elliot's father and his crew members.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

As little as I enjoy watching Elliot, it was good to see Edgar Hansen reaching out to him with advice and words of support. And hearing Elliot receive Edgar's words with (apparent) humility and introspection even gave me a very small seed of hope that he might have actually gotten something out of his stay at the rehab center. His kids love him, so I hope that he can wrap his bone-hard head around that, and stay clean day by day.

I did enjoy seeing Mandy Hansen throwing in with the rest of the crew to get the Northwestern rigged out for the season, and while I really admire her drive and clarity of purpose in pursuing a career in the crabbing industry, I gotta say that if I was her mom, I'd probably be sweating blood and hoping that she changes her mind.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Last week, when Sig put Mandy on the plane home, I said to myself, "Self, we have not seen the last of her. She'll be back." Lo and behold, this week Sig takes a phone call from his wife saying that she gave her okay for Mandy to return and go fishing. Sig didn't want to be the bad guy and figured his wife wouldn't allow it. I kind of think he has a difficult time saying no to Mandy. Very entertaining and I'm eager to see it. I hope, of course, that Mandy will be safe. I figure that if she's going to go crabbing, Sig wants her on his boat.

Mandy is an interesting story. Josh Harris is an interesting story. Even Keith, whom I've never liked, is always watchable. Elliot is just my signal to fast forward.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Rewatching last week's episode. I hope that bully of a deck boss on Wild Bill's boat feels badly that he pushed that greenhorn so hard. Even after he hurt himself, the greenhorn blamed himself . . . and I don't think it was his fault. Even given that you have to be tough to work on a crab boat, it doesn't seem necessary to ride someone that hard on his first trip out, and the kid was a HUGE improvement over the greenhorn they had before. The deck boss thought he was really something until that kid got hurt. He's just a bully.
    candor, Florimel and Fo'Realz? like this.

+ Reply to Thread