+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

I agree on both, angelic. I'm thinking we won't see the Cornelia Marie until Opie season. Not sure when Mandy Hansen will come aboard the Northwestern. I'm guessing that'll be whenever Sig comes back.

I think we're going to see some more boat issues on the Time Bandit; that seems to be a hard luck ship for the past couple of seasons. I loved how Sig paired those two ships up with success for both of them.

I did not understand why Wild Bill wanted to force that greenhorn back on the board for the rest of the season other than sheer orneriness. The man clearly did not want to be there any longer and he was pretty much useless on deck. Not a good decision by to my mind.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was surprised Wild Bill kept Kelly for the rest of the season, too. I loved too, how Sig joined forces with Capt. John on the crab grounds. It worked out well for both of them.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I was surprised Wild Bill kept Kelly for the rest of the season, too.
    I think Wild Bill kept Kelly #1) to just piss off Kelly who thought he was going home and #2) so that Wild Bill did not have to haul the ship back to harbor to drop Kelly off.
    Like Wild Bill said "who the heck hates being a greenhorn so bad that he would rather go home and face a federal (weapons) warrant???"

And Elliott, what a moron. Owes his wife $50,000 in back child support. And all that nonsense trying to avoid the Alaska State Troopers. What a loser he is.

That vessel that went down, OMG.
    mom2 and causingchaos like this.
    KAREN

I was so glad to see Jake Anderson on the Northwestern fixing their engine leak problem. So glad he's back on Sig's boat again. That boat seems to have a bunch of guys who really get along well. I was glad to see Capt. Scott get the help his back needs, too.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I am SO not surprised that Elliot's true self is coming back out. I'm not someone who does much with Twitter, but I did follow him for a week or so. This young man has been a walking disaster, and last night's episode was no surprise to me. Sorry to sound mean, but I don't think he's going to have any more luck with rehab than Jake Harris appears to have had. My heart was breaking for his dad last night.

Hope that Junior's back surgery is successful. I bet he has a different perspective now on all of his "I want to be a legend" bragging. Now he just wants to be able to get back to work. Hopefully, he'll also show a bit more integrity when dealing with the other captains.

Way to go, Jake Anderson. Yep, Edgar probably could have done it quicker (he knows that ship inside and out) . . . but Edgar had to give Jake a chance to BE the engineer.
    mom2 and Florimel like this.

Elliott's meltdown was no surprise to me either. I doubt we'll see him back again and I won't miss him. I never thought he added anything to the show at all. I did sympathize with his father, who seemed to be trying very hard to help him.

Junior is another one I haven't liked very much because of all the sneaky things he did and the lies he told, but I did feel bad for him this week. When I saw him on The Bait, the other captains said that he looked like an old man. I kind of think he will be back at some point, but I'm not sure.

Count me among those who were happy to see Jake A step up and fix the boat. He's done engineering work on the boat fairly frequently under Edgar's supervision. I think Edgar's little dig at him about being able to do it faster, while probably true, was just Edgar being Edgar and that it was good-natured needling. I think of Jake almost as a utility infielder who can handle just about any job on the boat. He still needs to learn how to keep his emotions under better control.

Even with their fights and squabbles, the Northwestern crew just seems to fit together. I'm really eager to see how Mandy does with them. I think she may surprise us.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Love the Time Bandit and Northwestern captains and crews, and Wild Bill's also. Ready for new blood instead of Keith and Elliott and wouldn't be upset if The Legend were off the show also. I wish they would show some of the previous boats, just to check in, and can't wait for Cornelia Marie and Josh. I am curious about his crew, if Freddy will stay with the Wizard or return to help Josh.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

One that I know of is the Aleutian Ballad. She was hit by a rogue wave in Season 2 and nearly sank. She was converted for tourism and takes tourists (mostly from cruise ships) out into the bay near Ketchikan. They demonstrate how to pull in and throw out those big crab traps we see on DC, plus long-line fishing and other types of fish traps and nets. And the guys who run the tour are full of fascinating stories of life as an Alaskan fisherman.

We did the tour a couple of years ago, and plan to do it again in August. This time, we'll be wearing our Time Bandit shirts and hats, which we bought at the TB store in Homer. Yep, this little old lady city slicker loves DC. LOL.
    mom2 and jucamer like this.

From the promos, it appears as if next week we'll see the return of Josh Harris and the Cornelia Marie as well as Sig and Mandy Hansen on the Northwestern. I'm looking forward to both.

If I never see Elliot Neese again, it will be much too soon. I haven't liked him from Day 1 and think he's a menace to his ship and crew. Aside from all his other problems, he mumbles and slurs his words together so badly that I can't understand half of what he's talking about even with closed captioning. Unfortunately, the show will probably milk his drug problems for every bit of drama. There are so many better stories to tell.
    mom2 likes this.

I was just shaking my head when that idiot called his father and told him he didn't think he needed to go to rehab. Talk about oblivious to reality. And as far as not being able to understand half of what he's saying, I've pretty much figured out that half of what he's saying starts with "f" . . . and the other half isn't worth listening to, either.
    mom2 and Florimel like this.

+ Reply to Thread