+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

I like Keith. I think he is a very wise sea captain, who really most of the time, has everything under control on his boat. I would in fact feel the safest probably under his captain skills and knowledge.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Sorry angelic_one, I have to disagree.

Everything under control? Have you seen this video? I've spoken to someone who knows Keith. She describes him as "nasty." After watching the way they treated their most recent greenhorn, I think I'd add the word "immature" to describe him. What grown man, in business . . . a manager . . . would get away with his recent behavior on dry land?
    Florimel and marauder like this.

I'd feel safest with Sig in control. His safety record is outstanding from what I've read.
    mom2, scoot13 and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Keith knows where the crab are, is what I meant. A lot of seasons his boat has led the catch. He seems very conscientious of his crew when there is bad weather.
    That is the control I see in him.
    AZChristian likes this.

I don't think Keith knows where the crab is any better then any of the other seasoned captains. I think the only reason he catches more is because he has a much larger vessel. I assume he trades quota so he is allowed to catch more and fill that larger boat. Of course larger boat means more expenses to maintain the boat, more fuel, and a need for a larger crew, all costing some of the percentage.
    Florimel likes this.

Loved two 'tender' moments of last night's episode..one, where Keith had a little heart to heart with Elliot. He said just enough to Elliot, then left him alone to think. The other moment was Captain Wild Bill giving Mike Mitchell a kiss when he decided to stay on his boat, afterall.

I think Keith is insecure and emotional, which leads to those temper freakouts like the video above. Striking out at people because you're mad at something else is immature, which makes him weak. That said, I think he's the most concerned of all the captains for the safety of his crew. Eliott, on the other hand, is going to get somebody killed.

I'd probably choose, in order,
    The Northwestern
    Time Bandit
    Seabrooke
    Wizard
    Angry guy with long hair's boat
    Some dock in Dutch Harbor because there's no way in hell I'd get on Elliott's boat.
    mom2 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I totally agree with your choice order, candor, although I'd kind of put Seabrooke and Wizard on the same line since both captains have been less than concerned over their crews' safety on several occasions.
    mom2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Elliot once again blew off advice from a seasoned captain. Brilliant plan, whiny. "I am tired of everyone giving me advice!" Listen, idiot, how do you get better? By observing and listening to those who have gone before you. Also, for him to be offended and/or surprised that the girl he was cheating with was cheating on him ... Priceless. He has so much more growing up to do.

Felt for Wild Bill, the young'un finally decides to stay and his dad up and leaves. Then blames WB for not catching crab when his own son used old bait for a few strings. Plus, the dad was horrible on hydros. He should be an easy replacement.

I am tired of the hazing/bullying on the boats of the greenhorns. Some are just funny, but some boats go way too far. Not entertaining to me. I wouldn't let anyone I know get within 500 feet of Keith's boat.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Elliot once again blew off advice from a seasoned captain. Brilliant plan, whiny. "I am tired of everyone giving me advice!" Listen, idiot, how do you get better? By observing and listening to those who have gone before you. Also, for him to be offended and/or surprised that the girl he was cheating with was cheating on him ... Priceless. He has so much more growing up to do.

Felt for Wild Bill, the young'un finally decides to stay and his dad up and leaves. Then blames WB for not catching crab when his own son used old bait for a few strings. Plus, the dad was horrible on hydros. He should be an easy replacement.

I am tired of the hazing/bullying on the boats of the greenhorns. Some are just funny, but some boats go way too far. Not entertaining to me. I wouldn't let anyone I know get within 500 feet of Keith's boat.
    I thought I was the only one. I do not like hazing in high school, college, fraternities, military academies, or anywhere else. I think it's a dumb choice of tools for gaining respect. It sure wouldn't gain mine.

As for Elliot, he's he's the poster boy for dumb jerk. This guy is going to be responsible for killing crewmen sooner or later if he remains a captain. And, why any woman would be interested in him in the first place is beyond my scope of understanding.
    mom2 and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread