+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

I wish Jake Anderson well on his new boat, Kiska Sea. I wonder though, if he will end up back on the Northwestern when all said and done. Sig was like a father to him. He even told Edgar this at the end, and I've read that he felt this way.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I wish Jake Anderson well on his new boat, Kiska Sea. I wonder though, if he will end up back on the Northwestern when all said and done. Sig was like a father to him. He even told Edgar this at the end, and I've read that he felt this way.
    I know. It's kind of heard to say. Jake has always been ambitious and working towards his goal, but he does think of the Northwestern as family and always has. Sig even presided at his wedding. It wouldn't surprise me to see him back there at some point. Sig and Edgar both mentioned missing Jake on the boat, and Jake said he was still worrying if he had made the right decision.

I watched the captains' show afterwards and they did talk about the new greenhorn, Sunshine, but Sig admitted he was no Jake. We'll have to wait and watch what happens down the line.

I am really, really tired of Elliot and his romantic issues with Val. Not a good focus for a captain during Opillio season.
    angelic_one2002 and mom2 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I wish Jake Anderson all the best too. I hope this move to the Kiska Sea works out for him.

Isn't this the same woman who filed a restraining order against Elliot not that long ago?
    It is going to be a loooooooong Opi season if we have to witness Elliot obsessing over her and/or fighting with her on the phone. Ugh. Did Elliot's dad join the crew for Opi season?

Yes, xmaskat, it's the same woman. She's the mother of his children. Talk about a toxic relationship.

I don't think Elliot's dad came back for Opies, but I'm not at all sure. I didn't see him, but neither did they remove his name from the fantasy game. We know the Time Bandit crewman that broke his hand won't be back this season, and his name is still up there, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Loved watching The Bait last night before Deadliest Catch episode. I still wonder if Jake Anderson made the right move leaving the Northwestern. No, he probably wouldn't captain that vessel, but it doesn't look too promising for him on the Kiska Sea, either. The Northwestern crew were like family to him, too.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

The Bait was very entertaining last night. I watched it after the regular show.

I think Jake Anderson regrets his decision. As I said above, I won't be surprised if he winds up back on the Northwestern at some point in the future. It's clear they all miss each other. Sig said something earlier about buying another boat for Edgar to captain. I'd kind of like to see that and then see Jake back to learn from Sig on the NW. That's how I'd write a novel about this.

Elliot was as clueless as ever. He won't even take advice from successful captains with ten times his years of experience. Just said he does it his way. With his lack of attention and focus, it would surprise me if he ends up responsible for killing crew members or even himself and his boat at some point.

Elliot is the definition of idiot. Take advice from those that have gone on before you. Arrogant jerk. He may have a boat (did you know Elliot owns his own boat?) but he may not have a crew.

This was a Cap'n Andy I haven't seen before. I would think they would have to have some rest before they start hallucinating. Still, Time Bandit and Northwestern are my favorites.

Hurts to see another wizard greenhorn being picked on. This one brought some on himself by being didainful of their traditions and superstitions.

Man, I feel for Jake Anderson. Hope it gets better for him soon or he finds a spot back on the Northwestern.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My favorite part of the regular episode was seeing Elliott giving soft-voiced advice to women - "Just answer the phone when we call, ladies."

But Elliott - what if your call is in violation of the restraining order she has against you?
    mom2 and xmaskat like this.

I had this psycho person that I was with for a heart beat and he's kind of clung on drifted in and out of my life for the last 10 years. He's very obsessive. But when I wouldn't answer the phone he would call and call and call. I remember driving home from work one day and heading out to eat. In about 45 minutes I had 20+ missed calls from him. And he was calling blocked caller to boot thinking that was going to make me answer the phone versus a number I didn't recognize because he always changes his number. It had been months since I had last heard from him before that incident.

When my partners don't answer the phone I assume they're busy and leave a detailed message of what I wanted or whatever. Elliot freaks me out because it reminds of that guy.

Sig and Keith will be on Live With Kelly and Michael this week; I think it's on Thursday.

I've never been able to stand Keith, but for some reason he's coming across as a little more likable this season both on the boar and on "The Bait." Probably just coaching from the producers or maybe he's had some anger management or is on meds, but it's more enjoyable for me to watch him than to watch Elliot or Junior or even Wild Bill.

+ Reply to Thread