+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

Been waiting for it. I'm also looking to choose my crew for their new fantasy game, but the link isn't working properly. I hope they fix it because you're supposed to choose your team before the first episode, if I recall correctly.

Quick followup. They did fix the link, which I put up here a few posts ago, if anyone is interested in playing. I'm registered and will read up on the how to play tomorrow.
    Last edited by Florimel; 04-09-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

So great to see the new episodes tonight! We saw the "Time Bandit" in drydock in Kodiak last summer, so we relived some happy memories seeing her on that same spot on tonight's episode.

:-)

It was great to finally see a "real" new episode. I don't count clip shows and season summary episodes as a new episode. However 3 hours of this show in one night was a little much. Most of what was revealed in the first hour was included within the real first episode hour. It was nice seeing the Captains talking but most was already in the first episode or just them saying "You got to watch the new season to find out." I fell asleep within a few minutes of watching the dry-dock episode. I can understand where something like that might be interesting to someone like AZChristian that actually saw it, but 3 hours of Deadliest Catch in one night is a little much.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

In case anyone is interested, this is what we saw in Kodiak.

Best of Alaska 240.jpgBest of Alaska 245.jpg
    mom2, Florimel and momrek06 like this.

I recorded all three new episodes so I could watch them at leisure. The only one I haven't finished yet is the Time Bandit being rebuilt one. I'm a little concerned over Jonathan's repeated injuries. He seems to be exhibiting a lot of the same behaviors as Phil. I hope he'll be okay.

It seems as if this is going to be a volatile season. I am doing the fantasy game.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    In case anyone is interested, this is what we saw in Kodiak.

Attachment 28980Attachment 28981
    Wow....very nice pictures, AZChristian! Thanks for sharing. That would have been exciting to see..Time Bandit boat.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Elliot is 30? He seems a very young 20s to me. Plus, I cannot understand what he says a lot of the time. And that hat he keeps wearing just emphasizes his youth and makes him look ridiculous to me. How does a 30 year old get a loan for that much money to buy and fix up a crab boat??? At least this might make him more aware of cost and risk if he's paying for it. Just never warmed to him, hoping he grows up this season.

Don't like Keith at all, but if Junior is lying to him after making an alliance that's horrible. I liked Junior - and not just because my last name is Campbell! - but this will really skew my opinion if he turns dishonest.

Love the Hansen brothers. How long has Edgar been clean? Sig's constant referring to his past would grate on anyone's sobriety after awhile if it's been a few years.

I hate to see the Hillstrande brothers fighting, but hoping the season works out for them. Never knew the father story, but it explains a lot. Kinda surprised Andy is the hard one about Scotty instead of Jonathon.

Glad to see Wild Bill get another boat. Hope his crew finds their routine and works well together.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I pretty much agree with all you wrote, Mom2. The Hansens are my favorites, followed by the Hillstrands. I'm on the fence about Junior and Will Bill, but can't stand either Keith (a bully and a tyrant) or Elliot (a complete jerk.)

FORT Fanatic

Im rooting for Elliot to fail. Hes such a loser. Such a whiney little baby. I cant fathom how he was able to get a loan for upwards of a million dollars for his own boat. Especially considered hes divorced (or at least has to pay $ for kids he has with that woman who wants nothing to do with him).

The Hilstrands and Hansens are the best. Anyone who is a fan and hasnt read Sigs book should do so. Very interesting read.

I feel bad for Josh Harris that he has to work his ass off because his junkie brother cant get his crap together.
    mom2 and Florimel like this.

I love this show. So disappointed that Jake and Josh can't get their crap together and get the CM back out there fishing. Sig and Edgar have always been my favorites. But I wish Sig would let Edgar have the opportunity to run the boat more. Jon and Andy are a hoot, they share the boat and don't try to tell each other what to do. I can't stand Keith, he's a loudmouth and bullies his crew, there's no way I'd work for him. Don't care for Elliot, wild Bill or Jr.
    mom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread