+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Deadliest Catch

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I just can't believe that any of them would be involved with Jake Anderson's dad's death. Unless I'm presented with actual proof, I won't believe it. And owning weapons isn't any kind of proof, either. Why would they do it? I don't think Sig would tolerate anyone of that character on his boat (Jake Anderson).
    I looked at the website, too. It's not what I would consider a "reputable" news page. Nothing in any other news outlets, so I'm thinking this isn't good info. I might believe it of Jake Harris, but not Jake Anderson or Josh Harris.
    mom2 likes this.

I read most of what was on that website. It looked to me mostly like innuendo and speculation. I agree that it's not something Sig would tolerate. I also agree that of the three, the only one I would consider a possibility would be Jake Harris. Even with him, it seems farfetched.
    mom2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

THEY ARE BACK!! APRIL 16, 2013!!

'Deadliest Catch' returns April 16: 'It's a war' -- SNEAK PEEK | Inside TV | EW.com

Deadliest Catch returns to Discovery for its ninth season on April 16 (Tuesdays, 9 p.m. ET), and as the exclusive tease premiered today at the network’s first-ever SXSW panel “Twitter for Tough Guys” shows, the theme is young vs. old. “When you’ve got guys that are hungry, that’s when things get nasty, that’s when the gloves are off,” Sig Hansen says in the tense clip below. “Especially when you’ve got experienced and inexperienced people playing in the same sandbox…. That’s when it’s a war.”
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

I've already got it marked for my DVR. Sig, his crew, and the Northwestern have always been my favorite boat and remain so. I know Sig was a consultant to the show for its first three seasons and I think he is the most intelligent of the captains.
    What I've thought about over the years is if I were on a boat in dangerous conditions, which captain would I feel most secure about my chances of surviving and my answer is Sig.
    mom2 and momrek06 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'd choose either Sig or the Hillstrand brothers. I would never choose Keith.

I'm impatiently waiting ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

For anyone who may be interested -- there will be a Deadliest Catch online fantasy game this season. I don't know too much about it, but I think you will select a mix and match crew from among the fisherman and receive or lose points for their actions. I also think there will be weekly prizes as well as a grand prize. I think it might be fun and I pre-registered at their site.

Deadliest Catch Fantasy Game : Discovery Channel

TONIGHT!!!

New Season of Deadliest Catch : Discovery Channel

New Season of Deadliest Catch!
    New blood, old wounds and rivalries that never die.

For some it's a season of change; for others, a chance to make a name for themselves, but some things remain constant: the perilous, icy waters of the Bering Sea and most dangerous job in the world.

But this season, the DEADLIEST CATCH Fleet faces a brutal business downturn and what may be the harshest winter ever.

It's must see worthy TV — the masters of the maritime, fishing's fearless are back as the Emmy award-winning DEADLIEST CATCH returns celebrating its 100th episode with the season premiere Tuesday, April 10 at 9/8c on Discovery.

SEASON 9 (2013)
    EPISODE 1: MUTINY ON THE BERING SEA

It's October in Dutch Harbor, Alaska, and after a devastating 2011 Opilio season, every ship in the fleet — including two new boats — is looking to make a comeback in the 2012 King Crab season.

But it won't be easy for any of them. Premieres Tuesday, April 16, 9|8c.
    KAREN

Thank you!! I have it set.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Thanks for the "heads up"!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Thank you!! I have it set.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Thanks for the "heads up"!