+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

FORT Fanatic

Re: Deadliest Catch

Jake Anderson has been a great story throughout the entire series. Go back to watch how hard he worked as a Greenhorn to where he is now. I don't think anyone has put as much work in as he has throughout it all.
    Jake Harris on the other hand is a spoiled little punk. As long as he's doing what he's doing, the Cornelia will never come back and he will be an anchor around his brothers neck.
    Elliot has taken over Keiths role as the most dislikable person on the show. What a tool he is.
    mom2, Florimel and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fanatic

Good season for the Opies. I cant believe the amount of money guys on the Wizard made. 151K each. Thats insane. Hard to say it sucks working for Keith when you go home with money like that. Rambin Rose only took home 46k each.

Jake Harris is a mess. From the way he acted all season plus how he looked at Jakes wedding, you have to assume hes using hardcore again. I would say on the boat it had to be Opiates but the sores on his face at the wedding make me wonder if hes moved on to things like crack or even heroin. I hope his brother can step up and bring the CM back to life next season. He seems to have his sh*t together.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Good season for the Opies. I cant believe the amount of money guys on the Wizard made. 151K each. Thats insane. Hard to say it sucks working for Keith when you go home with money like that. Rambin Rose only took home 46k each.

Jake Harris is a mess. From the way he acted all season plus how he looked at Jakes wedding, you have to assume hes using hardcore again. I would say on the boat it had to be Opiates but the sores on his face at the wedding make me wonder if hes moved on to things like crack or even heroin. I hope his brother can step up and bring the CM back to life next season. He seems to have his sh*t together.
    I would bet he's doing some meth or speed. With the hours they're doing on those boats I'm a little surprised this show doesn't address that reality at all.
    momrek06 likes this.

Last night's "Revelations" show was terrific with the captains and other main characters being really open about their lives, their careers, their beginnings, successes, and failures. The ones I like reinforced my regard for them.

Jake Anderson again proved what an admirable young man he is. Josh Harris said that Jake A is one of his heroes and I think Josh has matured a lot and his head on straight now. I still love the Hansens and I enjoy the Hillstrands and Junior Campbell. Even Keith, whom I still do not like, was very watchable. The only one I wished was not there at all was Elliot Reese. He is the very definition of clueless.
    mom2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We were out on the Aleutian Ballad this past Sunday. She's the ship that took the rogue wave in one of the early seasons of Deadliest Catch. She has now been converted for tourists out of Ketchikan. But it was a great trip - we saw the different kinds of crab pots they use, plus how they do commercial fishing with long lines. We pulled in some red snappers and a big old halibut, plus crab pots with king crab, box crab, and dungeness. One of the guys running the tour was Travis. He was on DC, but I don't remember which boat he was on.

It was an AWESOME tour . . . but not nearly as awesome as the 5,330-foot Ziprider in Icy Strait Point yesterday. I've looked forward to that 90-second ride for over 15 months, and I was not one bit disappointed!!!
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I would bet he's doing some meth or speed. With the hours they're doing on those boats I'm a little surprised this show doesn't address that reality at all.
    He had a lot of sores on his face and he's slow. Does heroin cause sores?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    He had a lot of sores on his face and he's slow. Does heroin cause sores?
    Any drug has the potential to cause sores. Meth users have a propensity to have sores on their face from picking and subsequent infections. I would venture to guess if he's using anything it's something in the speed/meth family based on the hours they work and the accessibility of those drugs in that population of people.

When I was working in Kodiak 30 years ago, the fishermen would come in to town, pull out a sandwich bag of coke and do lines on the hood of a truck in the bar parking lot. But as bad as cocaine is, heroin and meth are undoubtedly worse.
    J.D. likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fanatic

I cant see him doing heroin on the boat. Although he could just have been using large amounts of painkillers while they were at sea. He would need a substancial amount of pills to be at sea as long as they are without having to worry about getting dope sick. His constant nodding off and not being able to get up seems like an opiate. Meth seems to fit more with the sores tho.
    Whatever it is, its a damn shame and quite insulting to his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    I cant see him doing heroin on the boat. Although he could just have been using large amounts of painkillers while they were at sea. He would need a substancial amount of pills to be at sea as long as they are without having to worry about getting dope sick. His constant nodding off and not being able to get up seems like an opiate. Meth seems to fit more with the sores tho.
    Whatever it is, its a damn shame and quite insulting to his father.
    I haven't liked Jake Harris since the beginning where we saw him charging a tv for his room on the boat (and other things) to Phil's credit card without permission. He always seemed like a spoiled brat to me. To be fair, however, I have to remember Phil stating more than once that in his younger days, he did every drug known to man. The big difference is that Phil never let it interfere with his responsibilities either as a crew member or a captain.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread