+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

After the Catch was very enjoyable, too. I'm delighted they started that up again. It's taking place in Colorado, I think.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Saw the second part of After the Catch last night.

It's pretty obvious that Jake Harris is back on drugs or something. He could barely hold his eyes open or keep his head up, and the others around the table (including his brother Josh) seemed really upset with him. Sig Hansen said that he had been given a great opportunity by being hired onto his boat, but that the other crew members complained about having to pick up Jake's slack. Edgar Hansen said he fought hard to keep Jake OFF the boat before he was even hired, but seemed very concerned about Jake even so.

I thought Sig was going to literally put his hands around Elliott Neese's throat and strangle him when they were both there. It's obvious that none of the other captains like Elliott at all.

And at the end of the show, they put up on the screen that Jake Anderson's father's body had been found, about a mile from where his truck had been found. Since during the show he had been shown on camera saying, "We had no body, we had no funeral . . . " he can now have some closure.

And Keith was almost human!
    marauder likes this.

I don't know if Jake Harris is using drugs or if he isn't, My main problem with him is that he mistakenly thinks he knows everything and and has nothing left to learn. He's been that way from the beginning. Jonathan Harris has done a lot of growing up; Jake has not.

I was gratified to see that the remains of Jake Anderson's father have been found, although we don't really know what happened to him and probably never will. At least Jake has some closure. That young man is the best of any of the greenhorns I've seen on this show. He's been with the Northwestern seven years now, and I've no doubt he'll become first a deck boss, then a captain at some point. Sig and Edgar know how to bring a deserving young man along.
    mom2, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I found it interesting that Jake Anderson revealed that he had been on Jake Harris' butt hard, in an effort to get through to him. I always think of them as the same age, but Anderson has always been more responsible. Now I find out that Anderson is 30, while Harris is early 20s. No wonder.

So over Elliott, but if the mom denied visitation he needs to do something about that asap. Kids need their dad without any interference from anyone else. I am a single mom of 2 and know what I'm talking about. Don't use the kids as a weapon. The only excuse would be if he's abusive, and I don't get that from him at all.

Good to see Jonathon Harris back, but it killed me to see the shape he's in.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    So over Elliott, but if the mom denied visitation he needs to do something about that asap. Kids need their dad without any interference from anyone else. I am a single mom of 2 and know what I'm talking about. Don't use the kids as a weapon. The only excuse would be if he's abusive, and I don't get that from him at all.
    There has been a restraining order against Elliott. I don't know if he was physically abusive, but he was harassing her via text messages. It was pretty obvious when they showed him getting home on ATC that she had NO interest in continuing the relationship, but he had the audacity to tell her on the phone from the boat that "he would have a problem with it" if she was dating any of his friends.

Here's the deal, Elliott. She's a SINGLE WOMAN whom you never married. You can have all the problems you want with who she's dating, but those are YOUR problems. She's free to date anyone she wants.

I agree that everyone but him got the message that she's over it, and definitely the attitude of the other captains add to the impression that he's entered stalking mode.

I'm just concerned about the kids, let him have visitation even if it's supervised. Unless, as I say, he's abusive to the kids. Then flog him.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I found it interesting that Jake Anderson revealed that he had been on Jake Harris' butt hard, in an effort to get through to him. I always think of them as the same age, but Anderson has always been more responsible. Now I find out that Anderson is 30, while Harris is early 20s. No wonder.

I knew Jake Anderson was 30 because I remember that he was 23 when he started, and even then he was ambitious, determined and responsible. Jake Harris was born in October of 1985, so he is just shy of 27, only 3 years younger.

I mistakenly said Jonathan Harris in my earlier email. Of course, it's Josh Harris. Sorry for the error.

I don't recall seeing Josh look to be in bad shape. What did you see that I missed, Mom2?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't recall seeing Josh look to be in bad shape. What did you see that I missed, Mom2?
    Not Mom2, but when I read her original note, I think she might have been referring to Jonathan Hillstrand. He got thrown off a bull and cracked 4 ribs and bruised one of his lungs pretty badly. He was using oxygen from a tank and looked pretty much the worse for wear.

I'm looking forward to visiting the Time Bandit store in Homer next month!!! It think the Hillstrands are super.
    mom2 likes this.

Thank you, AZ. That makes perfect sense. Jonathan did look bad, which was not surprising when he described the nature and number of his injuries. I, too, like the HIllstrands and I hope Jonathan recovers soon and fully. He doesn't seem to want to realize that his body isn't 20 anymore.
    AZChristian likes this.

I mistakenly said Jonathan Harris in my earlier email. Of course, it's Josh Harris. Sorry for the error.
    I was confused when I read your post and saw the quote ... I went back and looked at my original one and I didn't have the "I mistakenly said Jonathan Harris in my earlier email. Of course it's Josh Harris." I did feel for Jonathon Harris' injuries from Snowflake (or something like that!), the Demon Bull.

+ Reply to Thread