+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

I think it was last season, when Justin (?) on the Time Bandit finished the season, then died in his hotel room waiting to go back home. Sleep apnea had taken his mom years before, and it took him just after the season finished.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Can't wait for the season premiere tomorrow night! This is my favorite show on TV.
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Watching this while waiting for DWTS to start here. The Harris boys are now deckhands on two different boats. Man, I hope Jake keeps himself clean and sober.
    mom2, momrek06 and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    Can't wait for the season premiere tomorrow night! This is my favorite show on TV.
    ME TOO! Love DC! Love the beginning! Just watching now! Yeah!
    KAREN

We're going to Alaska this summer, and will be taking a ride on the Aleutian Ballad, which was on earlier seasons of the show. I'm really looking forward to being on the boat when they drop one of the pots, and will pick up another and unload everything in it into an aquarium on the deck.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We're going to Alaska this summer, and will be taking a ride on the Aleutian Ballad, which was on earlier seasons of the show. I'm really looking forward to being on the boat when they drop one of the pots, and will pick up another and unload everything in it into an aquarium on the deck.
    Oh AZ I am SO jealous! I have wanted to go to Alaska for some time now and to go on an actual fishing vessel - how cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AZChristian likes this.

One of the guys who works with this crew is Captain Derek - the one who took over from Phil Harris, but couldn't get along with his kids. That man was in a lose/lose situation, because the kids were acting like they 100% owned the boat. Each of them owned 12.5%, and Jake was so high most of the time that he was unable to make decisions about anything. IMO, the reason the Cornelia Marie isn't fishing this season is because the other owners didn't want to have to deal with the boys' attitudes. I think going back to being deckhands is the best thing for both of them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    One of the guys who works with this crew is Captain Derek - the one who took over from Phil Harris, but couldn't get along with his kids. That man was in a lose/lose situation, because the kids were acting like they 100% owned the boat. Each of them owned 12.5%, and Jake was so high most of the time that he was unable to make decisions about anything. IMO, the reason the Cornelia Marie isn't fishing this season is because the other owners didn't want to have to deal with the boys' attitudes. I think going back to being deckhands is the best thing for both of them right now.
    I don't think CM's downfall was Jake or Josh's fault. Capt Derek had no clue where to find the crab. I was glad they fired him. I'm sad that they couldn't afford to run the CM this season, but at least they're still fishing.
    mom2 and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    I don't think CM's downfall was Jake or Josh's fault. Capt Derek had no clue where to find the crab. I was glad they fired him. I'm sad that they couldn't afford to run the CM this season, but at least they're still fishing.
    ITA that captain sold his quota for red king crab and bought up a lot of the rights to a lot of the fisherman's blue crabs...and they are much much harder to find and to catch..that captain screwed up from the beginning and yes I know Jake was smoking pot and that is no excuse for him but it does appear he went to rehab and got himself clean...on a personal note I don't think either of these boys are ready to take over the CM and they need to start as deckhands and other ships and my hats off to the Northwestern and the Time Bandit..they promised that they would be there to take care of the boys and they both have stepped up to the plate ....now I don't know if the CM is just sitting out this season and their quota of red king crab and opillo crab was sold to one of the other boats...there is money to be made there but even though Josh is getting close neither one of them is ready to captain a boat yet but I say give at least Josh a couple of years and he will be ready....as for Jake as long as he stays clean I think he could be a valuable assest to the CM when it goes out on the water again and I do believe we will see that boat again

the reference the captain kept making to both Josh and Jake that their dad was dead was IMO totally crass and uncalled for..you know what that reminds me of the way Keith treats employees degrading and humilated in front of the entire world when Keith needs to enforce a filter and realize the best way to handle as situation is not to degrade humilate another human being on tape...it has just happeded too many times with Keith and he needs to have a filter installed ...and I am NOT saying that some of the things that he said needed to be said..but for crying out loud show a little bit of respect and some decorom in dealing with employees
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 04-12-2012 at 04:58 AM.
    mom2, Florimel and jucamer like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    . . . the reference the captain kept making to both Josh and Jake that their dad was dead was IMO totally crass and uncalled for..you know what that reminds me of the way Keith treats employees degrading and humilated in front of the entire world when Keith needs to enforce a filter and realize the best way to handle as situation is not to degrade humilate another human being on tape...it has just happeded too many times with Keith and he needs to have a filter installed ...and I am NOT saying that some of the things that he said needed to be said..but for crying out loud show a little bit of respect and some decorom in dealing with employees
    I totally agree with this. Derrick should not have made the comments about Phil. But I also thought the boys were acting like they owned the whole operation and thought they should be giving orders to Derrick. They kept making references to how they weren't making enough money to buy fuel for the ship, etc., like the money was literally coming out of their pockets. They might not have been making much (if anything) as members of the crew, but the expenses of running the ship for that season would likely have come out of corporate resources that were managed by the other 75% owners from earlier seasons.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Keith finds himself "swimming with the fishes" if he doesn't dial it back. That one episode where he physically attacked a member of the production crew and kept yelling at him because he didn't make coffee was ridiculous. The man is in serious need of medication.

+ Reply to Thread