+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I also liked seeing Josh and Jake Harrison last night. I believe that was the last After the Catch of Season 7. They did talk a lot about next season, so I also hope we'll see more of them.

There are two more episodes of Deadliest Catch this season. I'm betting that Jake A gets promoted to deck boss on the Northwestern. Of the new boats, my guess is that they may keep the Seabrooke and drop the Rambling Rose.
    Not liking the Rambling Rose at all. And do not care for the Seabrooke much either. Just not the same without Phil and seeing so much of the other two ships. Kind of telling I think. Even though I don't care much for Keith or Jonathan, they do make for an exciting season. I yawn each time they show the Rambling Rose and Seabrooke.

I hope Jake makes boss too! He really stepped up. I've always liked Sig, he seems like a really good guy.

I have watched some of the new episodes but its just not the same....don't care for either of the 2 new boats...wish they would bring back the Maverick since they want to add a new boat...glad to see Jake A moving up the ladder he has worked really hard for it...as for Jake and Josh those boys are fighters and they are Phil's son and I hope they can make the boat work and make money..but one of them needs to learn how to run the boat and stop depending on others to make the boat work for them...cause that fool that went for the blue crab had lost his mind
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'm hoping they pull out of ever taping the Wizard again ... and make Keith take anger management classes or some kind of counseling. There was no excuse for his attack on the cameraman.

He apologized, then took it back saying they'd probably twist it so that HE had the problem. Well, duh. You called the camera kid out for not making coffee because you sucked at fishing.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

For several seasons, I've said I'd like to see Keith gone. He could easily be charged with assault and with threatening bodily harm for what he did. The show keeps trying to rehabilitate him, but for every bit of heart they show, he shows more lack of control.

I doubt we'll see the Rambling Rose next season. It was a most uninteresting boat and they made it point to show its captain telling the producer to leave him alone and get his camera away. Not a good idea for a first time captain who wants to come back. Won't miss him at all. I don't care much about the Seabrook either, but if they insist on keeping one of the two new boats, I'd rather it be that one. I, too, would enjoy seeing the Maverick again.

My favorite ongoing story has been Jake Anderson. He started in season 3 as a greenhorn and through his own efforts and the support of Sig and Edgar, he's worked his way up to deck boss and has his captain's license. Whatever his problems in his youth, I admire this young man and the entire crew of the Northwestern.

I hope we'll see Josh and Jake H next season. I believe they are serious about wanting to keep the boat going, but they have different ideas about how to do it. I think if they can combine Jake's love of fishing with Josh's business sense, they can do it. I wish them well.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The new season starts next Tuesday. From what I've seen, I think the Harris boys will be deckhands on other boats with Jake going to the Northwestern and Josh to the Time Bandit. Sig, Jonathan, and Andy had all promised they would look after Phil's sons and have apparently kept their words.

I've also been loving the Frozen Planet series on Discovery. Has anyone else seen it?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    The new season starts next Tuesday. From what I've seen, I think the Harris boys will be deckhands on other boats with Jake going to the Northwestern and Josh to the Time Bandit. Sig, Jonathan, and Andy had all promised they would look after Phil's sons and have apparently kept their words.

I've also been loving the Frozen Planet series on Discovery. Has anyone else seen it?
    can't wait to see what all the boys have been up too...seen a lot of bits and pieces of frozen planet but they don't have the full episodes on video on demand yet but OUAT comes on at the same time but since it won't be back for several weeks I am sure I will be watching Frozen Planet

Have all the boats come in safe from opilio season? My daughter says there's someone who doesn't make it ... not a captain, but I can't find it anywhere.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Have all the boats come in safe from opilio season? My daughter says there's someone who doesn't make it ... not a captain, but I can't find it anywhere.
    OMG...the discovery channel I would think would be the best bet and I know most of the boats have f/b pages I hope everyone is okay but no I haven't heard anything and I spent a couple hours over at discovery channel today watching frozen planet and didn't see anything but they could be keeping it quiet

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I've been watching some of the episodes shown during the day....and haven't decided if I'm going to watch the new season. Well...I guess I'll give it a chance. Today they showed the episode where Phil died, and I blubbered harder than I have for a very, very long time. Wow - and I've seen it probably, twice already. Wow, what a story - and the fact that Phil wanted to "finish the story" was either crazy or brave, I haven't decided which, but it sure made for good tv.

Ok, I just convinced myself I'll be watching. This show is also one of the only things my older (16 years older) brother and I have in common to talk about. That makes it more important in my life, I think. That probably sounds dorky, but I don't care. Whatever works.
    mom2 likes this.

Johnathan posted this on his Facebook earlier today:

Hey all I'm back! The boys should be home within 2 weeks. This season is gonna be crazy!!! May-ham and destruction.

+ Reply to Thread