+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 721
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

  1. #501
    Christian,Mom,Teacher mom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Soonerland!!
    Posts
    4,545

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    I lost respect for the new captain when he kept repeating to Jake within Josh's hearing "You're dad's dead." How insensitive and unnecessary.

    However, I am wondering about Jake's behavior. What were he and Engineer Steve doing for 3 hours off the boat? Why did he make a beeline for the airport? And why wouldn't he submit to a blood test to answer the question at last?

    I hope these allegations are wrong. Anyone hear anything about the current situation?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

  2. #502
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,768

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I lost respect for the new captain when he kept repeating to Jake within Josh's hearing "You're dad's dead." How insensitive and unnecessary.

    However, I am wondering about Jake's behavior. What were he and Engineer Steve doing for 3 hours off the boat? Why did he make a beeline for the airport? And why wouldn't he submit to a blood test to answer the question at last?

    I hope these allegations are wrong. Anyone hear anything about the current situation?
    I also heard Derrick make a comment about "Your Dad's dead" . . . and thought it was pretty heartless.

    However, I don't see Jake as very innocent in the problems the Cornelia Marie has had this past season. Jake and Steve disappearing for 3 hours, making the boat late in leaving the harbor, just says to me that Jake figured as a part-owner, he didn't have to pay attention to the rules the captain put down. And on a ship like that, there's only one captain. I also remember both of the boys alluding to the fact that they were "part-owners" and couldn't afford to keep the CM out crabbing when they weren't catching enough crabs - references to the fact that it was "money out of their pockets." True enough, but each of the Harris sons only owns 12.5% (they own 25% together). No minority owner of an enterprise gets to make major management decisions by himself. Sometimes owners make money, sometimes they don't. I would think that any mature owner would recognize that the ship was in a transition and cut Derrick a little slack.

    Derrick was interviewed and said that Jake had bragged about using someone else's urine for his first (clean) test, and has refused to be tested since. Derrick has offered to take a lie detector test to prove his comment that Josh told him, "We're not here to catch crabs, we're here to make a TV show, and as soon as we get enough film, we're heading back in."

    For more info, check out: CorneliaMarie*|*Crab Fishing Vessel on Deadliest Catch

    We're planning to go out on a day trip on the Aleutian Ballad in Alaska next year, and Derrick is now part of their operation. I hope to get a chance to meet him.

  3. #503
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    as far as Jake goes...nobody can help him until he is ready to help himself..and thats just the bottom line...I would have thought him promising Phil in the hospital he would get clean would and probably still haunts him I know it would me

    but the captain they choose didnt' do anything for me..he wanted blue crab instead of going after the red crab where the money was..and that is NOT what or how Phil would have wanted his boat run

    I hope Josh can pick up the pieces and put it back together and get either Sig or or the guys from the Time Bandit to help him out..they both offerered and since Andy runs things during opi season maybe Jonathon can help out..

    they need to get back on track and as sad as it is to say..Jake is going to have to follow his own path and I just pray he comes out in one piece
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  4. #504
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,501

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    as far as Jake goes...nobody can help him until he is ready to help himself..and thats just the bottom line...I would have thought him promising Phil in the hospital he would get clean would and probably still haunts him I know it would me

    but the captain they choose didnt' do anything for me..he wanted blue crab instead of going after the red crab where the money was..and that is NOT what or how Phil would have wanted his boat run

    I hope Josh can pick up the pieces and put it back together and get either Sig or or the guys from the Time Bandit to help him out..they both offerered and since Andy runs things during opi season maybe Jonathon can help out..

    they need to get back on track and as sad as it is to say..Jake is going to have to follow his own path and I just pray he comes out in one piece

    After watching seasons of that show Intervention, drugs are some real demons, real demons. Jake is totally clouded in his thinking by the drugs. The fact Phil said what he did as he lie dying to Jake about getting himself clean …. for all or most of us it would indeed 'haunt' us but for someone like Jake who is a drug user, nope, sorry to say it is not haunting him at all what his dad said. What haunts him is when/where/how he will get his next fix.
    KAREN

  5. #505
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,490

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    I hate Captain Derrick. Honestly, to constantly keep throwing in the "Phil is dead" line wherever he could is out of order. Then to tell two guys who looked up to and are dealing with the recent death of their father that he did them a disservice in the way that he raised them just crossed the line. Even if it were true it just wasn't his place. He wanted to come in and not only fill Phil's shoes but to show that he's a better captain, dad, and man than their beloved Phil and he stepped on every toe he could. He was going to chase that blue crab be damned if it cost them every penny they had. He was right to call in the cops, but I think he did it for the wrong reasons. I think it was another way for him to have a peeing contest with the guys on the CM. The guy has a huge ego and I wouldn't want to be on a row boat in central park with him for 10 minutes so I feel for the guys that were stuck out there with him for weeks at a stretch.

    Jake is a screw up. He's an addict and like any addict he won't get sober until he and he alone is good and ready. For some addicts that day never comes, but hopefully for Jake he will save himself before it is too late.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  6. #506
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    seems like all the ships didn't have too good of a season from what I saw..Jake is gonna have to deal with his issues and like someone else said until he is ready to clean up nothing else will make him

    watching tonight when Matt called Sig..I didn't realize he had had another relaspe..I am sorry to hear that...still not sure if he will be on the boat for OPI's...don't know if Sig will give him another chance...I liked Matt too

    don't have a clue what the future for the CM will be..but can't wait to find out..I know Phil would have been disappointed in the fact that Jake was continuing his drug use but I think he would have really been totally ticked off to the 9th that the captain was going for those very rare blue crabs instead of going where the money is to keep the boat going
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  7. #507
    Christian,Mom,Teacher mom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Soonerland!!
    Posts
    4,545

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    How horrible for the CM crew that they spent all that time and labor and received NOTHING at the end of the season. I hope the captain received the same. If he did get money (or even if he didn't) ... what an ass. He submarined the whole season because he forced his grandiose idea of blue crabs on the crew.

    Hope Edgar is back for my viewing enjoyment, but for his health and family I hope he isn't. Maybe scale back to one season instead of both? Maybe this will make Sig realize how truly lucky/blessed he was to have his brother watching out on the deck this whole time.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

  8. #508
    Bam!Bam! YellowRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    533

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    seems like all the ships didn't have too good of a season from what I saw..Jake is gonna have to deal with his issues and like someone else said until he is ready to clean up nothing else will make him

    watching tonight when Matt called Sig..I didn't realize he had had another relaspe..I am sorry to hear that...still not sure if he will be on the boat for OPI's...don't know if Sig will give him another chance...I liked Matt too

    don't have a clue what the future for the CM will be..but can't wait to find out..I know Phil would have been disappointed in the fact that Jake was continuing his drug use but I think he would have really been totally ticked off to the 9th that the captain was going for those very rare blue crabs instead of going where the money is to keep the boat going
    I haven't enjoyed this season much. Not sure if it's missing Phil or what. Really disappointed in Jake. I think he is using, obvious in his attitude and I haven't even watched all the shows.

    I would think Sig would give Matt another chance, provided he's convinced he's clean. I've always liked Sig, he seems like a stand up type of guy. I was rooting for the Northwestern!

    Was rooting for the Cornelia Marie too. Not so much the other boats.

  9. #509
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,438

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    I agree completely about Sig probably giving Matt another chance. He pretty much said he would, but it would be his last chance. Sig has kept Matt around through previous such battles, even doing everything he could to get Matt back to port in time to make a court date several seasons ago. As tough as Sig is on his crew, he does show symathy and backs it up with his actions. He did it twice for Jake A, when his sister died and when his dad went missing. I tend to think about the one I would want as captain if I were on a bad in dangerous conditions, and it would be Sig. I think he's the only one who has been there since season 1.

    Rumor hath it that Edgar takes at least Opie season off and Jake A is promoted to deck boss. My feeling is that Edgar will return later, but that's just a guess. That's assuming that DC will be back for an 8th season. A lot of people are disapointed with the new captains, particulary the Rambling Rose captain, taking time away from the veteran captains that have entertained us for so long.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  10. #510
    FORT Fogey lilcountriegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Deadliest Catch

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    A lot of people are disapointed with the new captains, particulary the Rambling Rose captain, taking time away from the veteran captains that have entertained us for so long.
    EXACTLY my thoughts. You can't even understand what that guy is SAYING. He is one of the most irritting people to try and understand. You know its bad when I'd rather see a segment with Keith than this guy.

    I do have to say tho, the Captain of the Seabrooke is growing on me.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.