+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

I personally think the episode last night was just a little too long. The opening scene was good, but the rest just seemed to drag on. Not sure whether they were just trying to eek a little to much drama out of what they normally put in a one hour episode or that two hours at one time is just a little to long or what. Just my personal opinion of the last episode.

I am sooooooooo glad Jake passed his drug test..I am so proud of him..feel like a proud momma when her child does something well

as for Keith...I guess my major problem with him is how he handles his employees...and I haven't liked him since he fired that guy Moi several seasons back..I am not taking up for Moi..yes he needed to be fired he couldn't cut it and couldnt' do the job..but the way Keith handled it left a really nasty taste in my mouth...we have seen other guys being told they were being let go without totally humilating them on camera...okay so you needed to fire him but couldn't you have done it with leaving the guy with just a milimeter of dignity which he didn't do and that made me sick to my stomach...there are better much better ways to handle it..we have seen other captains letting people go but they do it in a matter where they leave the person with some respect and some dignity..there was no excuse in my book to totally humilate someone in that matter and just rub it in as deep as Keith did
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Didn't that young captain Elliott fire one of his crew members on this episode? I couldn't figure out what the guy did to make him so mad, but they showed the crew member packing his gear and heading off the boat.

The captain for the Cornelia Marie seems like a real creep. It is going to be a long, dismal crab season for the guys on that boat.

Also Sig Hanson doesn't look good at all. He looked too worn out and tired for the start of crab season. Has he been ill?

I think they all look haggard this season...loosing Phil has has taken a toll on all of them it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Didn't that young captain Elliott fire one of his crew members on this episode? I couldn't figure out what the guy did to make him so mad, but they showed the crew member packing his gear and heading off the boat.

The captain for the Cornelia Marie seems like a real creep. It is going to be a long, dismal crab season for the guys on that boat.

Also Sig Hanson doesn't look good at all. He looked too worn out and tired for the start of crab season. Has he been ill?
    I still don't understand why they hired a new captain...Andy...Sig and Jonathan said they would help the boys out and teach them..and since Andy and Jon take turns it would have been a good way to teach the boys to run the boat unless they don't feel like they are ready..but they need to learn to run it since they are part owners now

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I still don't understand why they hired a new captain...Andy...Sig and Jonathan said they would help the boys out and teach them..and since Andy and Jon take turns it would have been a good way to teach the boys to run the boat unless they don't feel like they are ready..but they need to learn to run it since they are part owners now
    THEY (Josh and Jake) helped make the decision to ask Phil's friend to captain the boat this season.

Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR View Post
    THEY (Josh and Jake) helped make the decision to ask Phil's friend to captain the boat this season.
    well after seeing the first episode I think they are regretting that deciesion

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well after seeing the first episode I think they are regretting that deciesion
    I think so too. The new CM captain is really awful! When he started screaming at the crew member to show him respect, and then threw in that bit about Phil being ____in' dead was just horrible! He had to know that one or both of the boys would overhear that conversation / shouting match.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Keith is my least likable, too. While he does take it to heart when someone is injured or killed out there, most of the time he comes across as a bully.

I never thought Jonathan was good looking, but the short hair has made a big difference. I can now see why a lot of women find him appealing.Sadly, I think we're going to see more problems on the Cornelia Marie between the regular crew and the new captain. I hope the Cornelia Marie can survive it.

I also think we will see more responsbility given to Jake Anderson on the Northwestern as the season goes on. It was interesting to see Sig showing him how to find where the crab might be. I new that Matt Bradley wasn't going to be on the Northwestern for "personal reasons," but I don't know if that's permanent. He's still listed as a crew member, so maybe he'll be back for Opies.

Not sure what I think about the two new boats yet. We'll have to wait and see.

OMG - Jonathan He's my favorite Captain. He is so damn manly and I just love his attitude. I fell more in love with him after he was there for Josh and Jake last year with Phil's illness and passing. He's seems like a really good guy.

I liked Johnathon when he was just real like the time he bailed that one deckhand of his out of jail seasons ago. I mean I probably wouldn't "go there" in any way shape or form because he oozes that vibe that he goes there with various people but I do enjoy watching him. It gives me a good old dose of testosterone in what is a sometimes under-testosteroned world.

+ Reply to Thread