+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal;4073516;
    The only way I'll tune in is if Jake Anderson goes to the Cornelia. I think he likes that boat better anyway, and I cant stand to watch the way he's treated on the Northwestern.
    I hear what you're saying, but I think a lot of that is what the editors choose to use in the episodes. All the young crewmembers are hazed, which is not something I like to see.

But when Jake was with them on After the Catch, both Sig and Edgar had nothing but good to say about him. Sig said that Jake is what he would want in a son and Edgar said that Jake has the talent, desire, and work ethic to become a very good captain. I think there is a lot of affection among these three.

I'm not sure what the Cornelia Marie will do since both Sig and Jonathan offered to take turns captaining the boat to help Josh and Jake get it going again.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I have a couple of issues with the show now too. At the end of the season, one of the boats (and for the life of me I can't remember which one...) had taken on Geico for product placement. That pissed me off. It's like they are trying to turn this into nascar at sea. That's not what this show is about. And one other minor irritant....I've always liked the editing and the "look" of the show, and this past season Discovery obviously threw a bunch of money into it and made it more slick and polished. Deadliest Catch isn't slick or polished. I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4075466;
    I have a couple of issues with the show now too. At the end of the season, one of the boats (and for the life of me I can't remember which one...) had taken on Geico for product placement.
    that was the Time Bandit/The Hillstrands.

I think my favorite boats are the Cornelia Marie and the TB. Some of my favorite "crew" are the Harris boys, Jake Anderson,and Mike from the Time Bandit. I've lost 90% of the reason I even WATCH this show. As much as I love the Harris boys, I dont know that they could (or would) carry the entire show for me. For some reason, I cant even LOOK at Captain Bill and Keith has a power trip problem... I have a feeling with as much crew the show is losing, they are going to use more of Bill and Keith because we "know" them.

I'll probably watch the first few episodes to get a fill for the new format, but I have a funny feeling I've watched my last season of this show. Pity; I really enjoyed this one.

I saw quite a few episodes with someone who has the DVD's. My faves are Jonathan and Phil (RIP). At some point, I looked at the main website for the show, and found that a few of them tour extensively and make appearances at events. And of course, there are a book and DVD's, yadda yadda yadda.

These were crab fishermen (and captains), and I loved watching how they worked that dangerous profession, dealing with Mother Nature, human nature, and equipment breakdowns. I also liked the very few off-duty glimpses shown. Now they are "rock stars", so I've given up. They've "sold out" (not that I blame them).

Reruns are shown on network TV, but I didn't keep track of which episodes I missed. After watching that many episodes, it became "same ol', same ol'": set the cages and bring in the cages. The only variety was at the beginning and end of the season. There just wasn't enough non-cage activity (LOL) for me. Also, the overly dramatic narration became something to make fun of (yes, we did). That narrator does at least one other show and it's the same style.

Can you tell that I'm not going to buy the DVD's?

It is possible that I'll try to watch the episodes that immediately followed Phil's passing, but it would probably be too sad.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Sig and the Hillstrands will be back for next season. Whatever the deal was, I'm betting Discovery Channel capitulated a lot. Those captains can't be bullied and I suspect Discovery underestimated the anger of this show's fans. Apparently Hillstranded, the spinoff that caused all the ruccus in the first place, will also be completed and aired.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4080320;
    Sig and the Hillstrands will be back for next season. Whatever the deal was, I'm betting Discovery Channel capitulated a lot. Those captains can't be bullied and I suspect Discovery underestimated the anger of this show's fans. Apparently Hillstranded, the spinoff that caused all the ruccus in the first place, will also be completed and aired.

well if the Hillstrands and Sig will be back on the show I will wath...waiting to see what happees with the CM..since both of these men have said they would the boat to help out or give them jobs
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

As long as Time Bandit and Northwestern are there, I'll be there. I cannot imagine a season stuck with Keith and Mouse.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4081214;
    As long as Time Bandit and Northwestern are there, I'll be there. I cannot imagine a season stuck with Keith and Mouse.

Me either Mom - I was a goner - I really don't care for Keith at all..
    I loved it when Jonathan knocked him down last year..

Yay! I'm so glad to hear they're coming back.

Season 7 is scheduled to premiere on Tuesday, April 12. The Northwestern, Cornelia Marie, Wizard, and Time Bandit will all be back. They are also adding two new boats with younger captains and crew, although we never know how long new boats last. I'm eager for the new season.

There is a preview video available at Deadliest Catch : About the Show : Discovery Channel

+ Reply to Thread