+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

FORT Fan

Re: Deadliest Catch

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3994717;
    I am loving the tribute too...lol...lots of funny stuff and a lot of good memories
    The Philisms were hilarious... I was trying to think of one after reading your post but one just didn't come to me and then I saw the clip... he was the best.

He loved those boys so much - they were lucky to have spent the last few years with him. I hope they come up with the cash to keep the boat - it would be awful for them to lose that too....

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm so surprised by my reaction to losing Capt. Phil. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the show, and Phil has always been my fave - but I'm not sure why I'm so affected by his passing. The shots of him in the hospital after surgery were heartbreaking.

I well up and sometimes just blubber - even when he is simply mentioned. (Keith from the Wizard was on Dr. Oz today asking about strokes, etc., and even that brought the tears.) Good thing I bought tissues today - the memorial episode hasn't started here yet, but I'm sure it's going to be so sad.

FORT Fan

Getting off Phil for just a moment I wanted to comment about Captain Bill when the hydraulics were shut off and he had those guys grab the pot and tie it down. Haven't we seen Sig and Phil and other captains say a life is not worth the cost of a pot over and over. That thing was swinging when one guy grabbed it I thought it would drag him over the side of the boat. I'm not feeling this guy right now and that solidified it, he even said into the camera he wasn't worried about the guys he was worried about the hydraulic lift.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3994751;
    I'm so surprised by my reaction to losing Capt. Phil. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the show, and Phil has always been my fave - but I'm not sure why I'm so affected by his passing. The shots of him in the hospital after surgery were heartbreaking.

I well up and sometimes just blubber - even when he is simply mentioned. (Keith from the Wizard was on Dr. Oz today asking about strokes, etc., and even that brought the tears.) Good thing I bought tissues today - the memorial episode hasn't started here yet, but I'm sure it's going to be so sad.

I'm surprised at myself too - I cry at the drop of a hat, but to feel so much for someone I never met is strange. But I felt like I knew him and his boys from watching them through the years. I can't believe he's gone.

FORT Fan

OMG, Phil's little dog... adorable, who would think such a big, gruff guy would have a dog like that.

By the way his bird houses were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3994773;
    Getting off Phil for just a moment I wanted to comment about Captain Bill when the hydraulics were shut off and he had those guys grab the pot and tie it down. Haven't we seen Sig and Phil and other captains say a life is not worth the cost of a pot over and over. That thing was swinging when one guy grabbed it I thought it would drag him over the side of the boat. I'm not feeling this guy right now and that solidified it, he even said into the camera he wasn't worried about the guys he was worried about the hydraulic lift.

I agree angel - not feeling him - but I guess it's because he's new. Feels like he doesn't belong. I still feel that way about Keith - although my view of him has softened since Phil's passing. I was glad Johnathan clocked him though -

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3994795;
    I agree angel - not feeling him - but I guess it's because he's new. Feels like he doesn't belong. I still feel that way about Keith - although my view of him has softened since Phil's passing. I was glad Johnathan clocked him though -
    Keith bugs me too, when he made that poor kid repeat after him I was just like 'ugh, you're such a tool'. Didn't hate when Jonathon shoved him either.

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3994811;
    Keith bugs me too, when he made that poor kid repeat after him I was just like 'ugh, you're such a tool'. Didn't hate when Jonathon shoved him either.

Ugh - I didn't like that either - embarassing the poor kid. Keith's a jerk :nono

onto to what ya'll were talking about wild bill and keith...I don't like bill and I have never liked Keith too much...they both seem to get too much pleasure out of finding ways to humilate and degrade someone as much as possible..and they both have made a big production of firing someone on national tv...IMO...there are better ways to handle it...yes we see the new guys come and go and most can't handle it...but they are still people and at least they could let them leave with a small amount of diginity left
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread