+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

He didn't get his lucky necklace in time......

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3979421;
    {snip} said that Phil smoked 9 packs of cigs a day (holy crap)! {snip}
    Hold up... there's 20 cigarettes in a pack... that's 180 cigarettes PER DAY! And yes, I did have to google it!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I liked the celebration they made of his life...that was good....I think the most emotional episode is gonna be next week when the news hits the fleet.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

So sad, as if he knew he was slipping away with some of the things he said. When Jake went to see him, I started to lose it. I'm so glad he had the chance to show his Dad he was going to get help and Phil had the chance to tell him how proud he was of him. And when Phil & Josh were talking and Josh was rubbing his hand... So poignant with the storm raging as Phil lost his life...

After the Catch was great--I loved hearing more stories about Phil -- I mean those bird houses were truly beautiful! And hearing about the maids for his trailers-lol! But mostly hearing his friends talk about him...it was a nice farewell.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Wow, this is really hard to watch. I can't believe Phil and I are practically the same age. The man had a hard life. I wish his boys and the rest of them the best.

I reckon I did pretty good...until they started playing Redemption Day. We sure are going to miss you Phil.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

According to Wikipedia - and assuming I did my math right - 26 people have died on the vessels shown on the show since the show started. None are boats that had film crews though.

I was riveted. These men may be rough and tough, but they have hearts to match their courage and determination. Captain Phil loved the tiny meetkats on Meerkat Manor! I suspect he appreciated their same kind of courage in a tough environment that it takes to be crab fisherman on the Bering Sea.

I loved seeing Sig and Jonathan assure Josh and Jake that if they couldn't get the Cornelia Marie going again, both boys would have jobs on their boats.

Next week's episode as the word of Phil's death spreads through the fleet will be another heartbreaker.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3980563;
    I reckon I did pretty good...until they started playing Redemption Day. We sure are going to miss you Phil.

There is a train that's headed straight..for Heaven's gate..for Heaven's gate....
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I just watched this episode. Even during the whole scene with Josh I was able to keep it together until the end. I'm not looking forward to next weeks.

+ Reply to Thread